Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraser Island madness. ?

Re: Fraser Island madness. ?

@ TheRealAndy,

Good photography. Never seen it from the air, nor by land, but been past it by boat quite a few times.

Re: Fraser Island madness. ?

I put it down to a minority few that wreck it for all of us. Like you cant have a fire on Fraser or Morton any more. Why because to many Neanderthals made massive uncontrollable fires that got out of control and burnt half the island down and others through bottle and cans in the fire and don't clean up their rubbish. Double Island for example. At the moment you can still have a fire but I don't think that will be for to much longer. We went there 2 weekends ago and had some young 18 year old yahoos driving on the dunes almost running over out kids in their swags probably half tanked at 8 at night playing their Duf Duf Music. There were a few words spoken let me tell you. They stayed 2 nights and left Sunday morning. During there stay they got a chat from the Ranger for doing donuts on the beach and driving up on the dunes. When they departed they left all there rubbish behind scattered all over the place so my boys and I went over and filled 2 x 60lt garbage bags and yes bottles in the fire just to top it off and cut some poor unsuspecting feet. I was appalled at why this carry on exists an I see why we are getting more and more rules. Pity really but the minority cruels it for all of us.