Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado sneaky

Colorado sneaky

Took me a while but have found how to dis-engage the Traction Control on the 2013 Collies etc.

This is done prior to driving on the beach.

While stationary and engine running.... press and hold the Traction Control button . A notifaction in the dash will will tell you when it is off... keep pressing ( Do not remove finger from button ) .... and then another icon on the dash will say ESP off. Bingo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Traction Control will re-set to default everytime the car is switched off.

Seriously, this is the best thing to do for beach driving, particularly in soft sand.

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Colorado sneaky

Yep same on my dmax , just a question though when you push the button it says TC of but when you hold it the esp off comes on as well what is the esp ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Same set up in the L/C 200......

Looking at Colorado for the missus at the moment.......LS in auto....don't know wether to wait until june or look at getting a 2014 plated model now.......How have you guys found the factory servicing?

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Not idea Matt............. what ever it means, I like the fact it turns off that pesky TC.

Dan,

I think Holden are doing capped servicing now..... this is a bonus as they used to charge up to $1,100 for major service.

I use a private mech ( On Track 4 x 4 at Slacks Creek ) but all warranty stuff I take back to Motorama Springwood and so far have had very good dealings with them.

Surely there are some great deals on the 2014 plated Collies ? maybe closer to end of financial year could be better.. ?

Cheers

Yes they have some 2014 plated here locally (Darwin) but none in auto........Also we are looking at either white or sliver or the gunmetal which there is no local stock.

I would be getting it serviced somewhere else also,just wanted to know if you guy's used the dealer for this and if you were happy with it.

Dan

isuzu are fixed price service now as well mate and i use brisbane isuzu as i can drop it of and sit in their lounge and a bit over an hour later job done and car washed ..Matt

I noticed the guy on Top Gear holding down the button on a Maloo he was testing. Tried it on my SS and it worked. Don't just press the button, hold it in for a while.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

ESP usually stands for something like the electronic stability program. Traction control basically stops wheel spin under acceleration. Stability control takes over if you go sliding around a corner and apples brakes at different corners so you regain control and go around the corner rather than slide off the edge.

Neither TC or ESP would be desirable to have activated when on the soft sand, I would think. ESP might be handy though if you were going down a steep hill though, possibly.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

You are correct Moonlighter. My missus had a Smart Car a few years ago and it had ESP. I was punting it a bit hard coming down from Mt Tamborine one day (it was like driving a Go-Cart!) and I came into a corner a little bit hot. As it leaned out of the corner one front wheel braked hard and scared the bejeezus out of me. It made the car squat down and steered it into the corner and flattened the whole thing out. I hadn't touched the brake pedal! For a split second I thought something had broken and that I was going die.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Grant, with the ESP turned off it makes " drifting round, round-abouts " easier......... not that I would do something like that.. just saying. !

And with the Collies you have to press the remote twice.... first time to unlock the drivers door and second time to unlock the passengers door. These can be fixed by manipulating the electrics via the head unit settings.... unfortunately I have an after-market unit fitted so can't do this. Other things can be done here like turning off that pesky " ignition key still in " alarm etc etc

LP

How long have you had that Colorado and not opened the owners manual 😎😎

My Ranger is the same as would be the Collie & Dmax I guess but there can be variances on what electronics get switched off depending if in 2H,4h or 4L and how long you hold the button in.

Can be a trap for those unaware and beach driving causes most issues especially when wheels spin, braked traction control kicks in to stop spin as well as engine losing power by ECM - momentum killer

Press and hold the switch for one secondto deactivate Engine Traction Control,Trailer Stability Control and Brake TractionControl. Hill Start Assist remains active.
    4-wheel drive vehicles
    Note: All the stability control (ESP)functions are reactivated when 2H positionis selected.
    Transfer shift switch in 4H position:
    Press and hold the switch for onesecond to deactivate Engine TractionControl and Trailer Stability Control.Hill Descent Control, Hill Start Assistand Brake Traction Control remainactive.
    Transfer shift switch in 4H or 4L position:
    Press and hold the switch for fiveseconds to deactivate Engine TractionControl, Trailer Stability Control andBrake Traction Control. Hill DescentControl and Hill Start Assist remainactive.
    Transfer shift switch in 2H position:
    Press and hold the switch for onesecond to deactivate Engine TractionControl, Brake Traction Control andStability Control including TrailerStability Control. Hill Descent Controland Hill Start Assist remain active.

It comes with a manual < Greg ?

Manuals are for nerds..........push every button flick every switch and if it don't work put a post up on Ausfish!

Dan

Manual bugger me I don't have my glasses with me so I see bugger all ...Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Grant, with the ESP turned off it makes " drifting round, round-abouts " easier......... not that I would do something like that.. just saying. !

And with the Collies you have to press the remote twice.... first time to unlock the drivers door and second time to unlock the passengers door. These can be fixed by manipulating the electrics via the head unit settings.... unfortunately I have an after-market unit fitted so can't do this. Other things can be done here like turning off that pesky " ignition key still in " alarm etc etc

LP
    ESP can make even an extremely ordinary driver look like he has the skills of Craig Lowndes. At first glance, anyway!

just saying, Phill........
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....