Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado sneaky

Re: Colorado sneaky

I found in the Prado that I can leave it on. Took the new one to Fraser last year and dis the whole trip with the centre diff unlocked and both ESP and TC on. Didn't hear from either of them surprisingly. Nice one.

You can turn them off with a press or long press of the button. Or simply by turning the H4 switch to L4. This turns ESP off but leaves A-TRAC on. Centre diff lock doesn't affect this or matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    isuzu are fixed price service now as well mate and i use brisbane isuzu as i can drop it of and sit in their lounge and a bit over an hour later job done and car washed ..Matt
    Be careful when they don't take long enough. I bought My Patrol new and it had a major service 40k which involves engine, diffs, gear box, Transfer case, front hubs and the list goes on. I was told when I booked it off it would take 6 to 7 hours. So I said rightio I will drop it off at 7am as I had to collect it at 2 because I had a meeting at 3. The said it will be touch and go but would start it before anything else.

Got the phone call at 11am. Wow that was quick. How did you do the full service in such a short time. Bit of a delayed response and then ah we put mechanics on it. Fair enough I thought. Got it home that afternoon an crawled under it for a look. Nothing had been done. Gear box wasn't cracked, no diffs, transfer case nothing. You could see to changed the oil to the motor and the oil filters but not the fuel filter.

Not a happy chappy rocked in the next morning asked for the work shop manager and asked me what's up. So I said the Patrol is going up on the hoist and we are going t have a look. Under we go and I start pointing to all the filler and drain plugs and has has that been cracked, has that been cracked etc.

Unbelievable response. Well most of these are just shopping trolleys and they don't need doing". Well talk about waving the red flag at the Bull. Firstly does it look like a shopping trolley(Lifted, bigger tyres, mud still on it from the weekends 4wding) and secondly why would I pay you $1000 for and oil change, Grrrrr

This is not an isolated occurrence either. I also had the exact same thing about a year ago with the company vehicle in Gladstone. Charged for a major service and nothing done. This time the excuse was it wasn't triple checked in accordance with their QA systems. What the hell that is about I don't know/

So my advice to you all is check your services. Look for the smudge of oil, the new filters etc.

I let the good wife drive our 2012 Pajero down south ballina beach the other weekend. Had it in h4, turned off the Stability control, I thought, and told her away she goes. As she was hitting the soft stuff I told her to get into it to which she replied I am trying to but the engine wont respond and there is a light flashing on the dash! WTF......the car was struggling, would not respond to her planting her foot to the floor. We got through ok but def did not like having control of the engine revs or wheel spin. Once on the beach, I kicked her out and had a play thinking i may have a problem here. It seems I was using the wrong sequence in turning off the Stability/Traction control. I need to put her Neutral or park, select H4, then push and hold the button in. Automatically gets turned off when selecting L4 with diff locked. And yes, very interesting on slimy, slippery gravel roads when the Stability control kicks in. Feel like a bit of a passenger just hanging on to the wheel pointing her in the right direction when it just takes over....!
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by goona View Post
    Be careful when they don't take long enough. I bought My Patrol new and it had a major service 40k which involves engine, diffs, gear box, Transfer case, front hubs and the list goes on. I was told when I booked it off it would take 6 to 7 hours. So I said rightio I will drop it off at 7am as I had to collect it at 2 because I had a meeting at 3. The said it will be touch and go but would start it before anything else.

Got the phone call at 11am. Wow that was quick. How did you do the full service in such a short time. Bit of a delayed response and then ah we put mechanics on it. Fair enough I thought. Got it home that afternoon an crawled under it for a look. Nothing had been done. Gear box wasn't cracked, no diffs, transfer case nothing. You could see to changed the oil to the motor and the oil filters but not the fuel filter.

Not a happy chappy rocked in the next morning asked for the work shop manager and asked me what's up. So I said the Patrol is going up on the hoist and we are going t have a look. Under we go and I start pointing to all the filler and drain plugs and has has that been cracked, has that been cracked etc.

Unbelievable response. Well most of these are just shopping trolleys and they don't need doing". Well talk about waving the red flag at the Bull. Firstly does it look like a shopping trolley(Lifted, bigger tyres, mud still on it from the weekends 4wding) and secondly why would I pay you $1000 for and oil change, Grrrrr

This is not an isolated occurrence either. I also had the exact same thing about a year ago with the company vehicle in Gladstone. Charged for a major service and nothing done. This time the excuse was it wasn't triple checked in accordance with their QA systems. What the hell that is about I don't know/

So my advice to you all is check your services. Look for the smudge of oil, the new filters etc.
    Or get a mobile mechanic like me to do the service then you can poke your head outside and see what gets done