Thread: 140 hp suzuki

140 hp suzuki

My 140 suz not reving over 5000. Taken to local dealer and they say no 4 has low compression and water on spark plug. Motor has only done 360 hrs and been well serviced and flushed after use. Boat and motor insured would it be covered.

Re: 140 hp suzuki

No mate not usually

They don't normally cover mechanical failure unless it's was caused by an event or accident that led to the failure.
    Darren

The only time I would think it might be covered, and I have heard of a couple of these cases, is where the boat slowed quickly and a wave unexpectedly caught up with the boat and forced water up through the exhaust into the engine. But this usually causes a hydro lock situation that can be clearly diagnosed and proven.

So unless something like that happened, I think you are out of luck.

It may just be a blown head gasket, perhaps not terminal, but you probably won't know until the head comes off.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

What year is it?

It a 2007 hp

I think your up for a rebuild, get a leak down test done to diagnose the problem.. may just be a stuck/bent valve
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I've got the same motor although I can't add any other information to whats been said. Could you let us know what the outcome is once you get a diagnosis.

I think your right it is probably a blown head gasket not good for a motor with little hours and always serviced

Quote Originally Posted by bachoau View Post
    I think your right it is probably a blown head gasket not good for a motor with little hours and always serviced
    What did the internal anodes look like?

low hours can be as bad as big hours.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Carried out compression test 1,2,3. 160 no 4 115 psi predicting blown head gasket. Post new forum with pics.