Thread: Attaching bucket seat to tinny thwart seat.

Attaching bucket seat to tinny thwart seat.

I have just bought a second hand tinny i.e. 2013 Clark Pursuit tiller steer with 2013 Mercury 30 two stroke. It has thwart seats to which the previous owner had attached bucket seats. He did this by bolting steel powder coated swivel bases directly to the thwart seats. The issues that I have with this are that the swivels are powder coated steel and that the thwart material is too this structurally to have the bases attached directly. I would like to know what other member have done to attach bucket seats. to their thwart seats. Thanks in advance, Winston.

Re: Attaching bucket seat to tinny thwart seat.

I made up this simple drop in seat spigot and have done quiet a few over the years they work well......

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

I just use the off the shelf thwart brackets with a couple of minor mods - changed out the wingnuts for stainless, shortened the threads and fitted dome nuts so no sharp edges and fitted a plywood base so the weight is spread out - not on the 4 molded lugs that were standard. I have also fabricated a tool - bit of bent alloy pipe with a slot in one end and a cut off screwdriver as a handle to make undoing and doing up the wingnuts a 5 second job. Seats are easily located anywhere on the thwart and take about 10 - 20 seconds to relocate if you are in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    I made up this simple drop in seat spigot and have done quiet a few over the years they work well......

Dan
    Exactly this. Ten years and near daily use, still perfect.