Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which cat to buy Devilcat 23 or Kevlacat 2400

Re: Which cat to buy Devilcat 23 or Kevlacat 2400

if you are considering a devil cat there is a 6.6 up for sale on gumtree with what looks to have near brand new 150 Yamaha 4 strokes counter rotating. that would be a much better but then 200 etecs. I don't know the seller in anyway. performance would be excellent with 150s. I know what motor id prefer. boat looks good, much cheaper then the equivalently powered kevlacat or noosacat. don't know how they go but yes a very lesser known boat then the kc's so resale is lower. good for when you buy, shit for when you sell.

just had a look at that devil cat with the 200s on it, boy its a lot of boat for that money. it would definitely bogey with those donks and 600l of fuel for some huge range. one positive is the hours on those motors.

Ok so do the kc have any timber or rotting problems., or do they crack anywhere?

they have timber in them so there is potential to rot, and they do crack where bulkheads meet hull, in the tunnel and along outside.but they are a well built boat. any boat has potential to crack. ive heard the amount of Kevlar they use nowdays compared to earlier model has gotten less but that's just a story and I cant confirm. they built them in the U.S for a while they were built ok at the star but newer U.S ones build quality is crap. i think devil cat are well built, i don't know much about them but keep asking questions , your always gunna get more bang for your buck with a devil cat.