Thread: 21 foot sharkcat weight? and tow vehicle ?

21 foot sharkcat weight? and tow vehicle ?

anyone own a 21 foot sharkcat and know what it weighs on the trailer?
    im guessing btween 3 and 3.5 tonne ?
    if so whats your tow vehicle ?

Re: 21 foot sharkcat weight? and tow vehicle ?

​Need a bit better description of the hull, various Sharkcats were made around that size, the very early 20 is a heavy boat, the later ones not so much, take a picture and give us at least a year model.

1980 model so older one, owner recons its 2.5 tonne tow weight but I recon hes a bit off. steel trailer and say 150 4 strokes as it doesn't have donks atm.

1994 Noosa Cat 660 on an alloy trailer. Had it over the weigh bridge this week and it came in at 3.2t with approximately 200lt of fuel and all my gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

geez what a ripper boat mate, what do you tow it with mate? don't wanna sell do u ??
    that's good to know 3.2 tonne.

I only purchased it a couple of months ago. Have since sold my GU 4.2 turbo ute to get something more suitable (and legal), still undecided between a new Ranger/BT50 or an older 100 series factory Turbo Cruiser.

Nice rig lee. Didn't like the last yank tank?

You should be very happy with the noosa cat, as long as feeding and servicing the twins is bearable. At least you've got the best twins you could have. What sort of $$ are they commanding these days?

Darren

G'day Darren, sold the Triton a few years ago now. Been using an Alycraft 5.35 for the last couple of years but got sick if getting bashed around.
    Servicing isn't an issue as I will do them my self once the warranty runs out next year.
    It cost me around the same as I sold my last US boat for so pretty happy with that. Engines on the cat are 2011 models and have just had their 100hr services.

go the 100 series, way better vehicle.

so, you say yours is an '80 model, so it will be a 20 not a 21?? which was just a 23 'cut down" is this correct?

Its advertised as a 21 foot 1980 model and that's all I know.

well now day most ute can tank 3.5tone easy.. 4.5tone is your pushing it altho u need a tow bar that support it.