Thread: Shimano 9000 Plays

Shimano 9000 Plays

Hi,
    I am after the Shimano Electric Reel with English instructions on the Lcd screen. Any info as to the best place to buy would be appreciated.

Re: Shimano 9000 Plays

Not sure what you are asking, do you have the reel and need the instructions? Or you want to change them to English, or, buying the reel and want one in English? We have one on those reels, so let me know exactly what you're after.

The instructions are easily found with the help of google, so I am guessing he is wanting to buy one, cheap.

http://www.shimanofishing.co.nz/imag...AYS_MANUAL.pdf

Yeah, just re-reading, I think he wants to buy on line OS, but wants the readout to be in English (I think)

Happy to buy locally but I have only seen a couple of reels in the flesh and both have had Japanese writing. I was wondering if they are also available in English and where the best price is.

I am not too sure how much difference the text makes, the main displays are things like the amount of line out (in metres) and stuff like that, but then, I am not usually at the reel, I am driving the boat, my son operates the reel, and in reality, there is not a lot to know, you let it out, move a lever to 'go" and it winds in, then slows down and stops a few metres before the hooks are at the rod tip. best price is an open ended question, shop around and see what you can find, I know we got ours from a local tackle store.

I couldn't help myself, I just had a look, the writing on the outside of the reel for the knobs and stuff are in English, the display has both, some Chinese/Japanese writing on the top, and things like metres and so on, in English.

what sort of fishing do you intend to use the reel for?