Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just sitting in the boat

Just sitting in the boat

Hey all

I know it's not just me

How many of you just go & sit in the boat ( maybe with a beer) & just chill ..... look things over , what can be improved .... layout of the boat etc

I did that today after installing the new batteries ..... wasted hours just working out where things can be stowed for future trips storage.jpg

As we are in lockdown .... I found it quite therapeutic.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Just sitting in the boat

Yep, all the time Chris….. it’s my happy place regardless of it being in the water or at home. Always tinkering, cleaning, prepping etc.

I find it therapeutic and makes for a successful trip the next time I head out……although success isn’t what necessarily happens…..
    Matilda

Yesterday's seat frame install was a game changer...

Chillin' in the boat is so much better with some cold beers at hand...

20210813_090959 (2).jpg 20210813_091131.jpg

Next I have the solar panel installation to mull over..and yes, storage solutions are always being considered..

Ducksnutz, catching fish is always good but just getting a nice day out on the water is success enough I reckon..

its my happy place too , was sitting in the boat enjoying the serenity, and apparently my Mrs had been talking to me for 10 minutes , ohh yes dear i agree

how good are boats

It happens

Ausfish Platinum Member

...which is why the boat is sometimes referred to as " the other woman"...

Naaaah only find things to do or spend money on which dont really help catch fish. End up weighing Boat down with fiddlybits n odds n ends , more hooks n sinkers , knives , leaders , etc etc . Then when you wanna find something in a hurry theres shyte laying around everywhere and what your looking for is right in ye face but cant see it .
    Just sitting in the Boat sippin a Beer is the right way to go , if you wanna hide from the Missus or in among your Tomato patch.
    Yep can see these Lockdowns are getting to everyone LOL..

Sometimes I just get the boat out of the garage and onto the driveway and I just sit in the boat while the missus gently rocks the boat and runs the garden
    hose up and down the sides of the boat.

Good stuff fellas . I was sure there would be some others.

My issue is that I have to hook the boat up & pull it out from under the car port to pop the t top up ....... then I can go about things.
    I got so much out of yesterday that I decided to leave the boat hooked up ...... must mean a few more hours of tinkering today - I'm actually fitting a little power box that I made up under the console A place to charge phones camera batteries etc . I've also got a couple of railblaza star mounts to fit for a Ipad screen grabba & camera mount .

Even though I'm still 4 months away from the Whitsundays trip - planning on where I put all the tote boxes , full / empty fuel & water cans / Eskys / fridge for the 1600 km tow trip ..... & then the crossing of the Whitsundays passage to our camp site ( hence the jerry can / water drum photo ..... they fit under the transom) - It's a real challenge specially for the towing as the T top will be folded down.

No doubt after a few brews today I'll come up with some other stuff.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    No doubt after a few brews today I'll come up with some other stuff.

Chris
    You might as well just face the facts, mate..

You basically just need a bigger boat...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    You might as well just face the facts, mate..

You basically just need a bigger boat...
    ...... that's a thought - About a meter ..... with complete underfloor storage in front of the console - and about 100lts more fuel .
    That would do nicely

Now time for that beer & go sit in the boat

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

in summer i go out and muck around in the shed and when it starts to warm up a bit turn on the evaporative aircon out there and have a snooze in the boat

only good till about 36 degrees then back inside the house

Just been in my boat having a rum and looking at all the work I still need to do. I actually named the boat after the wife and wondering if that was a smart idea.

I wonder how many people went and just sat in their boat with a beverage this afternoon after reading this thread..?

I know I did...

It seemed to raise more questions then answers though...

Ah well, more stuff to add to the list.....thanks Chris..

Are our boats our 'man cave or shed'? -

I will get in the boat and just sit with a cup of tea of something stronger and think about those 'little' things that will make it a better boat.

Nagg - you have got me to the next one.

After seeing something similar at the last Sydney boat show I has been thinking about making a cruising picnic table for the boat and mocked up a table using corflute. The idea is that when cruising with the family at lunch or the like, bring it out and use it as a table. The shape continues the line of the live bait tank and would come out to around the edge of the kill tank – about 600mm long. It is something the wife will like.

The table would be at same level as the live bait tank and use clips that slide in to hook on and have a couple of foldable stainless legs at the front. When not in use the tapered shape will allow it to be stored in the cabin against the anchor well.
    boat table storage.jpgboat table.jpg