Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Re-power Cruisemaster 700 with diesel

Re: Re-power Cruisemaster 700 with diesel

It ain’t easy is it! Keep up the progress mate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Woo View Post
    It ain’t easy is it! Keep up the progress mate.
    Agree with the not easy. I will get there in the end but boy it's slow going when I keep finding issues. When I hole sawed for the bungs I found a cavity that was about 20 mm in dia right along where the bottom of the boat meets the stern. It seems the transom ply stops short which must be part of the way they lay the boat up but not sure. I have filled from the chines to the keel with epoxy resin so that fills that void up. I did get the final flowcoat on today and will be in sanding tomorrow for the day.

LOL. Only one way to stop finding problems in my experience - stop looking. Doing refits on a pigeon pair of 34 metre tugs at the minute. One step forward, 5 steps back.

Scottar I bet you have them both back in the water before I get this engine in.

Yeah mate. Came out well before Christmas but back in now, literally fired the mains for the first time yesterday. Team of 10 or so blokes 5-6 days a week - been a marathon. Stick with it - be worth it when your anchored up with a coldy at Tangas

Yeah no matter how good they’re built you’ll never stop finding ways to fix or improve them.
    Best to focus, set a plan, see the big picture, and get on with it.

Yeah no matter how good they’re built you’ll never stop finding ways to fix or improve them.

Hi Woo, feeling better today ? I think I should get on it also

I started with a 1 year plan. Ended up over 6 years and massively over budget.
    Ended up with an epic boat though.

You assumed I was piss talking?

I started with a 1 year plan. Ended up over 6 years and massively over budget.
    Ended up with an epic boat though.

You assumed I was piss talking?
    Yes I did, the two same post was given me that impression.

6 years is a long time and must of been a large project. As far as trying to budget I find that due to the time you spend fixing or renewing it just grows without you realising.

The end result just needs to be worth the time and money.

Ausfish Silver Member

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...r-rebuild.html
    Hey Brett,when you're feeling a bit pissed have a read of this, A classic that turned out fantastic.(and only 6 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...r-rebuild.html
    Hey Brett,when you're feeling a bit pissed have a read of this, A classic that turned out fantastic.(and only 6 years)
    Well that ticked all the boxes. Great read and what a outcome.

So got the bottom section of the transom sanded and cut back. Installed the bungs and finally got the transom assembly installed.

Just polishing up the trim tabs and other bits that live on the stern and I am very happy how this first part has finished up. Has taken many hours to get the stern right with getting it flat and all the rotten bits of ply out.
    I can't tell you how happy I am to see part of the engine/drive actually installed.

Still lots to do but making progress in the right direction for a change.

IMG_20180303_120005.jpgIMG_20180303_115950.jpgIMG_20180303_120012.jpg

Been tied up with other projects again and missed a couple of trips home to progress the boat. I did get back into it this break and was planning on finishing the glassing of the engine beds and stern area but the cold and wet conditions didn't have me doing what I planned so I moved on to removing the swim platform and clean up the above water line stern area. Filled in the old rod holders and stripped all the hardware which anything plastic breaking in the process.

I had to cut the stern rope cleats off as the s/s bolts had grown into the cast aluminium cleats and a impact screwdriver would not move them. The stern door fell in two pieces once I got the hinges off so had to do some rebuilding of the door. I will need to go shopping next time home to replace some of the hardware as 18 years of sea and sun has destroyed much of it.

Although I didn't get the beds completed I am still making progress and hope the weather is better next time.

Just a couple of photos of the stern going back together and coming up like new.

DSC01458.jpgDSC01453.jpgDSC01443.jpgDSC01462.jpg

A couple of photos of before.

DSC00942.jpgDSC00943.jpg

shes coming together well though!! she will be the nicest 700 out there.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au