Thread: boat camping moreton or north stradie

boat camping moreton or north stradie

Hi guys after a bit of info and some tips. Planning on doing an overnight or 2 day camping trip on south moerton or north stradie using my boat.
    Just wondering were people normally camp/ good spots and any tips for boat camping. Had many a camping trip in my time but this will be the first by boat.

Thank Rhys

Re: boat camping moreton or north stradie

depends on size of your boat / where are you leaving from, to start with, and then you have whether you need a permit, or you just plan on pitching campsite late in afternoon and taking off early before rangers appear, if you need a permit
    if you give more information you will get a better response, all the best with replies

no worries mate, boat is a 4.6 sea jay side console with 60hp yammie 4 stroke. I live in carindale so I'm not to fussed where i leave from ( normally put in at cleavland), but not fussed at all. Ill get my self a permit if its needed I'd rather just get one then worry about rangers.

with the right weather, I'd even suggest amity point caravan park, good facilities, bbqs etc, right on foreshore and opens up plenty of places to fish from there....check it out on google

That's a good suggestion, haven't stayed there but had a look around a few weeks ago, there were some camp sites right next to where you could pull the boat up onto the "beach". As for tips just take as little as possible in the boat, e.g. a swag, a small stove and pre-prepared meals & water is all you need.

There are some good campsites just south of Cowan township that are right on the beach. We have camped there a few times. Usually double anchor with main anchor offshore and second anchor on/near beach so that boat is perpendicular to beach. You book on the department website and it is nw campsite.