Thread: failed post

failed post

Hi

I had done a reply and when posting it I had a computer freeze as I had been doing other work and then came back to read the post and lodge it.
    When creating the post it kept saying it was saving post every few minutes. Not sure if that is on my PC via firefox or via website ?

Is the post actually saved anywhere and recoverable or do I start again?

Post was on Bugmans handgrenade yamahas.

Re: failed post

Just posted to that thread and it took forever to load/whatever it does........I didn't think it woild have gone through it took that long after hitting Post Quick Reply.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Hi dan and mods

I learn something new every day

yeah slow to post for me and locked up / no response so i have to refresh screen but may be my internet connection

Just found that if you pull up " go advanced" at bottom of posting box in the grey surround at the bottom there is a clickable area that allows you to recover saved post . I recovered mine from hours ago and it popped up under yours. we were thinking on similar lines . In a perfect world yamaha should come good with a new motor if that is the case but the chances of that happening???? Would take some commitment to follow through but a possible design fault is a good start and since a replacement pair will be bloody expensive it may be a path he could consider and not that expensive for Yamaha as they have motors ex finance and lease , demo to help him out. be nice to see a good story for a change

If and I mean if there has been a known issue with the F60 50 cracking oil pick ups there should have been a recall to rectify IMO.......Atleast a service bulletin to notify and replace when the engine comes in for a service.........Pretty poor form really from Yamaha to not make it a priority........

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    If and I mean if there has been a known issue with the F60 50 cracking oil pick ups there should have been a recall to rectify IMO.......Atleast a service bulletin to notify and replace when the engine comes in for a service.........Pretty poor form really from Yamaha to not make it a priority........

Dan
    Isn't exactly a 5 minute job so companies may choose to ignore it and only fix the ones that do fail . they play the odds with recalls and there is only a few specified things like brakes an d steering on cars that are mandatory. Works OK like that until there is a death because of a failure on a bar etc and then the lawyers get their $.