Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamiglas 2pc blank help???

Lamiglas 2pc blank information help???

The join at the 2pc section is it common in a lamiglas blank to be like this one pictured? Or was i sold two un matched sections? http://
    s

Re: Lamiglas 2pc blank help???

See the step in the blank at the 2pc transition just before the guide. Its a 5 1/2 ft UL spinn Lamiglas blank if that helps?

The two sections should by rights butt up against each other. Otherwise it creates a huge stress point.

Stu,
    they dont butt up together though. As far as it goes is pictured. Should i lay some thread in gap and coat?

SUL681F is written on the bottom half the blank if that helps for more info about it.
    Regards Bucky

Is it glued in or can you take it apart?

Stuart, its 2pc not glued. I just thought when pushed together it should be a lot more snug then what it is. Was not quite sure how to finish it off so it looks better if thats the way these blanks are and was hoping for some advice on how otheres have finished that section off or did they just leave it as well.
    cheers

dont take this the wrong way but you really should of tested the fit before you even started the rod build because that dose not look like a very good fit up and now you have built the rod getting a replacement may be very hard pulse the time you have wasted.
    but to move forward if you want to stick with this rod you might be able to hone down the insert with some fine emery cloth to get a better fitup
    did you buy the blank from someone in aus or get it from the states either way send them the pics so they can maybe offer some sort of support or compensation as this should of been checked before it was sent out

Eureka,
    i know what you are saying. It is actually a tight fit and goes in a fair way. But i should of ask the question before the build. But never having worked on a Lamiglas blank before i assumed that they were all like this. I got it from a retired rod builder and he assured me that it was a great little blank when i handed over the cash. Oh well, live and learn

is anyone working on a lamiglas 2pc blank and can post some pics of that section in here.
    cheers Bucky

Maybe U can lightly sand it down? Until it fits

don't sand it down,its meant to be like .its design is to allow for wear on the blank ,so after a period of time [taking it apart etc] it will close up.
    there are a lot of highend Japanese rods built like this..as explain to me reguards

ian

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    don't sand it down,its meant to be like .its design is to allow for wear on the blank ,so after a period of time [taking it apart etc] it will close up.
    there are a lot of highend Japanese rods built like this..as explain to mereguards

ian
    Thanks Ian

This is standard practice on Japanese blanks to allow for wear on the ferrule.Havent seen it on lamiglass before but havent built on them for a while.
    DONT SAND IT DOWN .Lamiglass could be using the same method as other blank manufacturers now.

Re: Lamiglas 2pc blank information help???

Just as a matter of interest...
    Has anyone ever had a 2 piece blank that wore out on the joint?
    Can't say I've ever seen one.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Yeh Mate
    Had a old 3kg spin stick where at the joint become a loose fit and would separate on a heavy handed cast ...was a fenwick ..solved the problem by giving it to my cousin...LOL..which he solved be jamming some tape in the join..LOL