Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quintrex owner's. Renegade 460

Quintrex owner's. Renegade 460

What do you Quintrex owner's think of the 460 Renegade with a 70hp Yamaha 4 stroke on the back?
    Interested in all opinion's good or bad. Thank's in advance for replies.
    Darren

Re: Quintrex owner's. Renegade 460

You will get a mixed bag of replies, from haters of anything Telwater, to lovers of the brand, check out the Stacer Outlaw for price, same builder, and a very similar boat.

Blog Entries

Very nearly bought one before xmas ended up buying 475 legend c/console they have 70 hp max rating from past thoughts need that power they say they do approx. 60klms per hour flat out but really you couldn't do that any time in a bit of slop is it a side or centre console ???? I personally would fabricate a bit of alloy in the slop well in the side console the centre console has fairly oversize motor well and smallish console .
    Very popular size boat I have recently stepped down from 6.4 to 4.75 boat not easy to adjust so if your doing same Darren go for a run first in a bit of crap say 10 knts just my thoughts by the way Quintrex do make the best pressed tinnies ride & finish but you pay for it but also get it back when you sell that's not bagging anyone who buys other brands everyone has a budget Cheers Rod

I have a 440 tiller, great ride in chop and a well thought out and strong fishing boat. A good choice if you want something a little bit more than a basic tinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    You will get a mixed bag of replies, from haters of anything Telwater, to lovers of the brand, check out the Stacer Outlaw for price, same builder, and a very similar boat.
    I will check out the stacer aswell. Thanks.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyk View Post
    Very nearly bought one before xmas ended up buying 475 legend c/console they have 70 hp max rating from past thoughts need that power they say they do approx. 60klms per hour flat out but really you couldn't do that any time in a bit of slop is it a side or centre console ???? I personally would fabricate a bit of alloy in the slop well in the side console the centre console has fairly oversize motor well and smallish console .
    Very popular size boat I have recently stepped down from 6.4 to 4.75 boat not easy to adjust so if your doing same Darren go for a run first in a bit of crap say 10 knts just my thoughts by the way Quintrex do make the best pressed tinnies ride & finish but you pay for it but also get it back when you sell that's not bagging anyone who buys other brands everyone has a budget Cheers Rod
    I'm looking at a tiller steer model.
    Just want to go back to a basic, easy to look after no frills fishing boat really.
    Don't really go outside anymore, mainly southern bay fishing trips these day's.
    The real plus is i should fit it in my shed, instead of having to tarp it up all the time on the driveway.
    Do you know if the under floor fuel tank option is an alloy tank or plastic?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by nickgrab View Post
    I have a 440 tiller, great ride in chop and a well thought out and strong fishing boat. A good choice if you want something a little bit more than a basic tinnie
    Yeah I'm looking at a tiller also.
    Breifly looked at the 75hp merc until I saw the weight of them. Bit to heavy imo for this boat even though they say max weight 170kg. Do you guy's agree with that?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Darren

My brother had a 460 side console with the 60 yammie and was a pretty good boat for his purposes (was based in weipa at the time). When he ordered it it was rated to 60hp but on delivery they had uprated that hull to a 70 and he was spewing he wasn't able to get the 70 as he would have in a heart beat.

That said the 60 performed fine and didn't feel underpowered so with a 70 it should be awesome especially on a tiller.

We did a trip across to the pine river from the rocky point ramp at weipa with 3 up and all our gear (and beer)... And for the 110km round trip we used 29l and 9l of that was coming back across from the pine river with a huge westerly blowing (against the tide) - we were running 3/4 with the sea - and it was rough!! I was designated driver that day and I was pretty impressed with how well the rig handled that trip home - I got wet as a shag and could hardly see - but you get that on the windward side of a side console in any sort of sea - but did not ever feel unsafe and found the boat handled it very well with no trouble staying on the plane - given the sea conditions (did I say it was rough...) it performed a lot better than I was expecting - was actually a bit worried how the trip would pan out when we started the trip back but after 5 minutes I could see we'd have no dramas - just that I was definitely going to be wet......

Moffy

Quote Originally Posted by Moffy View Post
    My brother had a 460 side console with the 60 yammie and was a pretty good boat for his purposes (was based in weipa at the time). When he ordered it it was rated to 60hp but on delivery they had uprated that hull to a 70 and he was spewing he wasn't able to get the 70 as he would have in a heart beat.

That said the 60 performed fine and didn't feel underpowered so with a 70 it should be awesome especially on a tiller.

We did a trip across to the pine river from the rocky point ramp at weipa with 3 up and all our gear (and beer)... And for the 110km round trip we used 29l and 9l of that was coming back across from the pine river with a huge westerly blowing (against the tide) - we were running 3/4 with the sea - and it was rough!! I was designated driver that day and I was pretty impressed with how well the rig handled that trip home - I got wet as a shag and could hardly see - but you get that on the windward side of a side console in any sort of sea - but did not ever feel unsafe and found the boat handled it very well with no trouble staying on the plane - given the sea conditions (did I say it was rough...) it performed a lot better than I was expecting - was actually a bit worried how the trip would pan out when we started the trip back but after 5 minutes I could see we'd have no dramas - just that I was definitely going to be wet......

Moffy
    Thank's the info. Haven't heard anything bad about them so far so they must be ok for what they are.
    I thought the 70 would be a pretty good match for the 460.
    Do you know if you can still have the two digital gauges with a tiller setup?
    Would have to build some sort of mounting pad for them I guess.
    Darren

I've got a 460 side console renegade with a 70 hp Yamaha on it. I love it. I got a few extras plus have put a minn Kota on it. Go to a yard and organize a test in one.

I have 420 with 40 yammie and love it. You can use the two gauges, you also might connect motor to sounder to gain instrumentation depending on what you install.

Just checked out what that package might cost. WOW. Expensive little suckers. Are you keeping the Baysport?

Blog Entries

Hi Darren its a big 460heaps of room in tiller version they are a good size boat for the bay you may just get sick of holding the tiller on long runs .
    I think the extra weight in front as previous post said also helps about the tank think they would be alloy but not sure but plastic is fine in smaller volume Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Mc View Post
    Thank's the info. Haven't heard anything bad about them so far so they must be ok for what they are.
    I thought the 70 would be a pretty good match for the 460.
    Do you know if you can still have the two digital gauges with a tiller setup?
    Would have to build some sort of mounting pad for them I guess.
    As Reel Blue has already suggested, the motor is NMEA2000 compliant so your money may be better spent upgrading your electronics if the cost of the gauges is significant.

I got the 420 renegade with 50 yammy 4 stroke.
    Fantastic boat. Heaps room, very wide. Go for it, especially with the 70 yammy 4 stroke