Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quintrex owner's. Renegade 460

Re: Quintrex owner's. Renegade 460

Like Scott has said I'd go the nmea 2k route to be honest...The tacho by it self is around $270........The Renegade is a very popular tinny up here in Darwin as they are a pretty versatile rig..........I just went through selling my 5mtr Origin with the 140 and went back to a smaller tiller steer boat my self........

I picked up a little 435 Trailcraft with a 50hp yammie on the back the whole rig only had 66hrs on it and obviously never got used....for $10.5k.......I could not say no to it at that price really........I have done a lot of work setting it up and fitting it out with new electronics trolling motor cast deck and fuel tank and other bit's and pieces.

I was looking at similar rigs to what your chasing and the best one I came up with to be honest was the Sea Jay 4.7 Ranger....4mm bottom 3mmm sides and fully welded deck and a host of other things as well...(Quoted just under 30k from Bundaberg marine with upgrade trailer and 70hp Yamaha tiller)......I e-mailed them (Sea Jay) direct and it is rated to the 70 in tiller even though their website says 60...it needs to be updated.......check them out great solid little allround rig.

I had a 4.5 Bluefin warrior with the 60 yammie which I bought new in 08 and it was also a great little boat so they might be worth a look as well.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Blue View Post
    I have 420 with 40 yammie and love it. You can use the two gauges, you also might connect motor to sounder to gain instrumentation depending on what you install.
    Thank's mate i think i will do that with the sounder. Thanks again.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    Just checked out what that package might cost. WOW. Expensive little suckers. Are you keeping the Baysport?
    Yeah there not cheap hey for a pressed tinny, but if you want one that's what you pay.
    No i'll have to sell the baysport to fund this 460.
    I think i'll get a lot more use out of the renegade being a lot easier to clean and I will be able to just chuck it in the shed and not have to worry about getting it dry enough to cover up. I'll be more inclined to duck out a lot more often.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    As Reel Blue has already suggested, the motor is NMEA2000 compliant so your money may be better spent upgrading your electronics if the cost of the gauges is significant.
    I'm looking at the Lowrance hds7 touchscreen so yes I think this will be the better way to go. Cheaper and less clutter aswell.
    Thanks for the help.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Like Scott has said I'd go the nmea 2k route to be honest...The tacho by it self is around $270........The Renegade is a very popular tinny up here in Darwin as they are a pretty versatile rig..........I just went through selling my 5mtr Origin with the 140 and went back to a smaller tiller steer boat my self........

I picked up a little 435 Trailcraft with a 50hp yammie on the back the whole rig only had 66hrs on it and obviously never got used....for $10.5k.......I could not say no to it at that price really........I have done a lot of work setting it up and fitting it out with new electronics trolling motor cast deck and fuel tank and other bit's and pieces.

I was looking at similar rigs to what your chasing and the best one I came up with to be honest was the Sea Jay 4.7 Ranger....4mm bottom 3mmm sides and fully welded deck and a host of other things as well...(Quoted just under 30k from Bundaberg marine with upgrade trailer and 70hp Yamaha tiller)......I e-mailed them (Sea Jay) direct and it is rated to the 70 in tiller even though their website says 60...it needs to be updated.......check them out great solid little allround rig.

I had a 4.5 Bluefin warrior with the 60 yammie which I bought new in 08 and it was also a great little boat so they might be worth a look as well.

Dan
    Thanks Dan,
    Sound's like you got a good buy there.
    Yeah I looked at the Sea Jay Ranger and I like that too but just stretching the budget a little to much. I'd like to save a little cash for a couple of thing's around the house.
    Darren

Yes at that price you could easily end up having it owe you 35-36k depending on what electronics and fit out components used......makes it an exepensive tiller steer boat then hey.

Where does it end?.......

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Yes at that price you could easily end up having it owe you 35-36k depending on what electronics and fit out components used......makes it an exepensive tiller steer boat then hey.

Where does it end?.......

Dan
    That's I was thinking exactly.
    I suppose it ends when the money runs out or your conscience kick's in, which ever is first.
    I'd love to win lotto!!!
    Darren

If you are looking for something in the low maintenance category, might be worth a look at a polycraft 4.5 too.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    If you are looking for something in the low maintenance category, might be worth a look at a polycraft 4.5 too.
    Might take a look. Thank's scottar.
    Darren

I have a 4.4 tiller steer with 60 Yamaha, love the boat but a little slow onto the plane with 2 or 3 people on board especially if live bait tank full. Looking to buy different prop, plenty of top end speed and would not contemplate a 50 on the 4.4 so think the 70 on the 4.6 would be great. I looked at both but like the lower freeboard of the 4.4.
    Bought a Redco trailer and upgraded to HD, Lowrance HDS 7 touchscreen and minkota all up after some wheeling and dealing around $24k. Boat is unpainted.
    AB

Hi Darren, I have a 460 CC Renegade with a 70Suzuki on it. It is a great boat, I upgraded from a 420 WB Dory and have notlooked back.
    It has the high ocean transom, Minn Kota, Lowrance HDS 7 Touchscreen and GMI10 gauge. I also have the Lowrance NMEA linked.
    I use it in rivers, Moreton Bay and Burrum Heads (family holidays) and am veryhappy.

The ride is excellent and it is a very dry boat.

I had a pole mount bait board made for it by BaitMate and itis a good addition.
    I have had the boat since August 2013.
    The only thing I had to get used to is the Quintrextrailers are drive on drive off, so you have to sink the trailer for it to work properly. If you don’t the chine can get stuck under theplastic skids on the trailer. I hate puttingthe bearings in the water.
    I'm sure you will be happy with the boat and motor.
    Fished In

would be a gator boy style rig with a 75HP Merc and Big tiller arm thats for sure

Hi Darren, I understand the pain and confusion of making the right decision when buying a new boat. I have recently gone through this grueling process of researching all major brand name boats already mentioned. I was originally looking between 4.5 and 4.7mtrs. Thankfully I made the trip to last year's Brisbane boat show and discovered a new brand in BLACK RHINO BOATS from the Gold coast. I recently settled on their 4800 KAPALA centre console model. PLATE ally constructed 4mm bottom and 3mm sides. I was fortunate enough to take one for a test drive which sold me after putting it through the paces,inshore and offshore. Have a look for yourself, I'm glad I did.

cant help but think you may be affiliated with these guys considering your first post and 2 day old member ship but i may be wrong

I can understand you thinking along those lines Oldie,but certainly not the case. I did a heap of Google research to help in making my purchase decision. Ausfish forums popped up very often and were very helpful to me. I decided to pay my $10 and join in hoping to help others in making a similar decision the right one. I show no bias or preferences to any particular manufacturer.