Thread: Can i get wire assist hooks for micro Jig?

Can i get wire assist hooks for micro Jig?

Hooked up to a few spotties/ schoolies on the weekend, using micro jigs, only manged the one to the boat and on that one there was only a thread left on the assist hooks. On that note what leader should I be using they went straight through 30lb jenki, so i upped it to 60lb should i use wire?

And if i can get wire assist hooks where from?

Thanks in advance

Re: Can i get wire assist hooks for micro Jig?

30lb should be enough, if you go heavier they fish may shy away as they can be quite picky on certain days. Iv had to drop to 20lb and even 15lb to get them to bite some days. I would suggest if they are around to switch to metal slugs and just fish them virtually like the micro jigs but with a fast wind, you should have much more successes getting them to the boat. In saying that I have used the knotable wire on some of my jigs with pretty good results.

cheers

Are you not better using plastic tubing or heat shrink over the areas that you might get bitten through? Have not seen or heard of using wire in this scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimped 49 strand works well. Its no more visible than the Kevlar cord normally used on assist hooks
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Was fishing with a mate about this time last year... Losing lots of jigs/hooks to schoolies. So we just used a short length of single strand to the hook (may have even used a treble?), and another short length from the ring which then had the leader tied to it. Seemed to work OK.

Doug Burts Tackleworld on the GC have wire assist hooks - got some last week

Shout hooks from elite tackle mate google them awesome hooks complete metal whole construction