Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 Bar - what you can do

1770 Bar - what you can do

Hi Guys,
    Sent an email to Maritime Safety Queensland to find out who to complain to about the state of the 1770 Bar. A lady from Transport Department got back to me yesterday please vent your opinions to gladstone_rhm@msq.qld.gov.au

Might be good to CC the minister who's portfolio covers costal bars as well if someone knows who that is with an election in 10 days it would be good to get his attention as well.

Cheers John

Re: 1770 Bar - what you can do

Excuse my ignorance but what state? I was up in Novemeber and saw nothing to my un-trained eyes that was a concern?

What bar?????

So build a seaway or something? This is australia, the ocean and Mother Nature. You will always have the right to try, you never had the right to make it. That part is up to you, not someone else.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Hahar.....Are you trying to gee someone up.
    Very safe bar to cross.

What is the issue with the bar, have been through it on full low and in rather ordinary conditions and never had a problem.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

mabe the leads in the creek could be lit but still no problem ... were you on the big cat that ran into rocks a few weeks ago ?
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

And while we're at it can we do something about the South Passage Bar? Its nearly as dangerous as the 1770 one!

And the Pin Bar too. I could use a bar at home as well.

Perhaps we can lobby Can-do to put a rock wall alongside the Wide Bay Bar. Should only be 15 k's or so. IF they can dredge it that would be good too. Or maybe just a ramp and 10km jetty from Rainbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Perhaps we can lobby Can-do to put a rock wall alongside the Wide Bay Bar. Should only be 15 k's or so. IF they can dredge it that would be good too. Or maybe just a ramp and 10km jetty from Rainbow?
    Hahaha if only.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    You would need to get an E-Toll for your boat. We all know his pet projects are toll funded.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    And the Pin Bar too. I could use a bar at home as well.
    Leave the pin bar as is its not too bad ..
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Leave the pin bar as is its not too bad ..
    No, not too bad I suppose. I've only lost rods out of the bait board rod holders once.

Is this a gee up I think it is good read though