Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 560 sharkcat with 115s, how would the performance be ?

560 sharkcat with 115s, how would the performance be ?

hey guys wondering what sort of speeds, top and cruise. also fuel consumption you would get out of a 560 sharkcat with twin 115 Yamaha 4 strokes.

Re: 560 sharkcat with 115s, how would the performance be ?

Don't know actual numbers, but it will have plenty of speed, it will cruise at almost any speed the conditions will allow, and being 4 strokes, fuel use will be good, not much else to say really, except how does it sit on the water with the 4 strokes??

I had a 560 with twin 90 yammy 2 strokes and averaged 1.2ltr per km. I think you will be around the .7ltr per km with the 115's and would a good hp range for the 560.
    I do think though it will be to heavy on the arse for it if there the older ones.

It dows sit very low in the ass end ! You looking at the one for sale on boatpoint ?

I reckon around 1k to the ltr and will top out around 42-45 knts.

cheers guys,
    yeah looking at possibly getting rid of my 5.2 kevlacat for something a bit quicker. mine has twin high thrust 60s on it and as much as I love it I would love some more hp. there are a few sharkies for sale with 115s on them and also othermakes with 115s. I know the sharkie ride is better then my kc and with 115s it has seriously got me thinking.

Ye id say 1 for 1. My 5.2 kc got 0.8 litres per 1 klm but it was alot lighter. The guy we just sold our 560 to is repowering with f115 yams. If its a welled model weight shouldn't be an issue versus a podded one might be a bit bum heavy.
    Would have plenty of grunt. Id go f 100s myself if I was doing a repower.

Quote Originally Posted by lembo View Post
    cheers guys,
    yeah looking at possibly getting rid of my 5.2 kevlacat for something a bit quicker. mine has twin high thrust 60s on it and as much as I love it I would love some more hp. there are a few sharkies for sale with 115s on them and also othermakes with 115s. I know the sharkie ride is better then my kc and with 115s it has seriously got me thinking.
    Yep f60s on the 5.2 kcs are a bit painful they need min 70s. I went from a 5.2 with f 60s to a 560 sharky with 90 2 strokes which I just sold and the sharky was a better ride. But you get a smaller deck but bigger bunks with a 560 Shark cat.
    Thing is the 5.2 kc is only a 17 ftr cheap to run so its hard to go past. If they could bring out a 120kg f90 the 5.2 would be a winner but bigger fuel tanks wouldnt go astray.

I reckon the first manufacturer that cracks the lightweight 90/115 HP will be on a winner, mind you, modern 90 4 strokes have good power.

if my little kc had 90s on it i would never want to trade up , but the cost to repower is just to much. it is worth about 50g and there are 3 cats i have my eye on atm all with pretty much brand new 115s all for under 50g. i love the podded sharkies but there so bloddy rare. theres one for sale atm but with 70s on it , it would be no faster then my kc.

Yeah, 70's would be at best, just OK, where did you see it for sale? PM if you like, or keep it to yourself, makes little difference, just curious.

Hi all
    just picked up my 1990 560 Shark Cat with factory pods, took it out last week in 20knot southerly in port Phillip bay.its been about 15 years since my last 560 cat,wow what a boat for its size!these boats are truly remarkable boat in pretty rough conditions.i post a couple of pics, cheers Adam

Yep I can confirm what Dean1 is saying. I own his old KC. I certainly wouldn't trade it for a 560 Sharky purely because the back deck space is so good. I absolutely love the boat.

THe F60's are certainly slow, but out of all the days I get to go fishing it is only on those glassed out day's am I really wishing I had more power. The F60's haven't missed a beat and about to have the 400hr service. If I keep the boat I certainly will be sticking with the F60's and hoping they last me until the miracle 90hp/120kg fourstroke hits the market.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

wow factory pods adam sharkcat.
    whats on the back of it ? would love to see some pics.
    yeah I do love the layout of my kevlacat. I think I may be a bit picky as im always looking to upgrade but already have one of the most sea worthy boats under 5.5m ever made.

Adam nice mate. I bet your happy with it.

I still think the fuel eco on a 560 with f115's will be better than 1 to 1. I nearly get that with a heavier cat and way underpowered 115's pushing it.