Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 Bar, supposed to be a non-issue !!

1770 Bar, supposed to be a non-issue !!

No specific just yet, but I will post the details as soon as they come to hand

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 1770 Bar, supposed to be a non-issue !!

My only trip to 1770 was in 2003. Memory is hazy, but hasn't the skipper missed the bar by a big margin?

Just a tad......gotta be a reason. would of been interesting sitting up the front with beer in hand and heading straight into the rocks. Hope no one had been injured....
    JN

That looks very expensive!

One report said hit by rogue wave...would be a pretty tough old thing.
    JN

I've done that bar at night in a nor Easter! Can get hairy which gets the spinkter breathing!

Charter boat! What Charter boat?

Seriously now, there is obviously a very good reason I would assume, but we may just never hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE Spirit of 1770 catamaran ran aground on Saturday afternoon on the headland rocks at Seventeen Seventy.

As it was making its way back from Lady Musgrave Island during low tide through a local creek, a "freak wave" changed the direction of the boat.
    Discover 1770 travel agent Holly Atkins said the business was not taking bookings for the Seventeen Seventy to Lady Musgrave Island cruise on The Spirit of 1770 for this week.

She said it was due to damage caused by the catamaran running aground on Saturday.

Lady Musgrave Cruises spokesman Rob Moore said the skipper felt it was safer to continue on the course and hit the sand, rather than turn and hit a sand bar.
    He said it was the first time this had happened with the Spirit of 1770 catamaran.

"We have a lot of problems with a creek here - especially with the low tides.

"The skipper was a little embarrassed," he said.

"He thought, 'I can't believe this'."

Within half an hour all passengers were off the boat, taken back to land by a transfer boat.

Mr Moore said there were some scratches on the boat as a result.

"It's just one of those things that happens with a boat," he said.

"We were hoping to get ahead of the really low tide on that vessel, unfortunately with the silting in the water and a rogue wave that came in and moved the vessel, this is what happened.
    "But no one was at risk or injured. Everyone was happy and cheerful when they came in," Mr Moore said.

SUNDAY: Lady Musgrave cruise ship The Spirit reportedly crashed into the Seventeen Seventy headland rocks on Saturday between 5.15pm-5.30pm.

Initial reports have indicated that no passengers were injured.

Well, that's their story............. ????

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 12-01-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well that makes sense. Glad we got that cleared up....
    JN

Yeah that bar looks............ terrible?

Silly boat, you can't cruise on rocks!......

And those blokes up north complain about their NQ chop being dangerous to cats.

Just proves that their chop does not hold a BAR to our chop.

cheers

Jeff

That place does NOT have a bar!!!! hate to see them trying to cross Tweed on a back tide (before the sand by pass).
    It is the entrance to an inlet, & I must have crossed it hundreds of times in my seafarer VC, my boating skills are no different to most peoples..... no exaggeration, I have been fishing up there since the 80s', as I've just said in my email to Phill, the freak wave must have been the wash from a canoe.

Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Me thinks the version of the truth as portrayed may be slightly tinged, by a couple of shades at least.

I think someone's forgot to mention the auto pilot and an unmanned helm