Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microwave guide experiment

Re: Microwave guide experiment

It should not matter what guides are used against them. Because its all about the design behind them, that they remove the helix in the line and conventional guides dont. As long as the same blank and grips are used what does it matter. Its thier claims not mine, i just thought i would post what i found with them. Love to hear from others that have built rods with micro guides. 20% is a fair wack. If casting 20m, micro guides should be getting 24m. I could not get that out of mine. Anyway ive been using the rod for 2 days now and its a great rod to use. Feels so controlled and smooth. Also deadly accurate
    cheers Bucky

Oh they are fuji titanium with Sic rings. I didnt buy them, they were a set i was given by a retired rod builder not that that matters. The microwave guides have a nanolite ring.

to get back to the real question after tests i have done between as mentioned in a previous post ages ago i found no advantage in casting distance between them,fuji sic"s ,gold cermets on the same blank ,reel line and braid .But the microwave guides are cheap!!! the winner of my test was gold cermets.
    Graham

Are cermets made anymore?
    The Au Fujifishing site does not have them anymore.
    For my money the Sic rings an titanium frames is the extent that I will go to anyway for guides.
    Jack.

Gold Cermets are not made anymore. You guys need to learn that nearly every company makes outlandish claims, some beyond a joke but there is no shortage of suckers that believe the crap.
    Off saubject a bit, but take blanks for instance. How many people rattle on with how many million modules a blanks is? This blank is 80 or 90 million modules, no clue as to what this number means, or how it relates to a blank. Most people are parrots, they repeat what they hear with out understanding whats being said. Its great to see some people actually doing their own testing, thats what makes a good rod builder. And by the way, an 80- or 90 million modules blank simply would never work on its own, it would crumble to pieces due to its brittleness. Most blanks are made using T700 carbon, best of both worlds. However blank manufactures get away with this rubbish because they actually place a small amount of that super high modules carbon in the butt of the blank, much like Boron back in the late 80s early 90s. They stuck a 6 inch piece of Boron wire int he second wrap of carbon. Im still very surprised how many people get sucked into this marketing hyp, even today.

as Stu stated cermets arent made anymore just that i have some left to play with.Titanium sic's next best or torzites if you believe the hype without testing them yourself.I also found a lower grade carbon casts better than a high grade but is less sensitve it is also more forgiving.Just my observations while playing around.
    Cheers Graham