Thread: nice day at beach turns bad

nice day at beach turns bad

I hate when this happens......
    http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/sil...beach/2495339/

randell

Re: nice day at beach turns bad

A bit of bad luck, obviously didn't have any equipment to get herself out. I wonder if the insurance company will come to the party?
    Good things come to those who bait

People just have no idea. Oh lets go for a drive on the beach.

Another for the scoreboard at the rainbow beach pub...

Unsure if the driver is to blame.

Car companies are selling these types of vehicles as 4 x 4's.

They have NO low range and limited ground clearance.

Insurance........... ? maybe. Lesson learnt..............? definately.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Those front tyres are up hard. Looks like she has walked away from a saveable situation.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Insurance Job lol

Hey i thought all beaches were classed as a designated road. They do have the proper speed limit signs. No different to driving on the road and having an accident. I guess she would only need to pay her excess.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Hey i thought all beaches were classed as a designated road. They do have the proper speed limit signs. No different to driving on the road and having an accident. I guess she would only need to pay her excess.
    Yes, most beaches that have vehicular access are " designated " roads and as such all road rules apply.

Most of the beaches are also signed for speed limits... Fraser Island is a 80kph for the most part and there are a few 30kph areas ( that the small planes land on and in front of tourist areas , like happy Valley ).

I would suggest her insurance company will pay, but it will be an arguement, as she has already admitted leaving the vehicle where it was bogged.

If you hire a 4 x 4 and drive on the beach.... if it drowns.. you own it.... that is in the fine print. I am thinking there will be similar fine print in all insurance policies.

I actually hope her insurance takes care of this. I also hope she has learnt a lesson.

The details of the incident are not exactly public knowledge, so one should not judge too harshly, the driver. As I said, it is the car manufacturers that are responsible.

They claim their vehicles are a 4 x 4 and when talking about beach driving, everyone says " you need a 4 x 4 ", hence the MYTH / PERCEPTION that AWD and on demand 4x4 's are true 4x4's...which of course they are NOT. They do not have Low Range, which in my experience is the difference between bogging and not for those who have limited experience.

I also understand that given experience, momentum and tyre pressures, ( and ground clearance to an extent ) a lot of AWD and " on demand 4 x 4's " can travel on a lot of beaches without dramas. The problem lies in the experience of the driver and their perception of what their vehicle is capable of.... that perception, again, stems from " False Advertising " by the manufacturers...IMO.

It should also be said, that a virgin beach driver in a patrol with diff locks could actually get bogged in places an experienced 4 x 4'er in a Rav would not.

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here