Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015. Agnes Water / 1770. Meet & Greet.

Re: 2015. Agnes Water / 1770. Meet & Greet.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    Team xtreme are booked in for the first weekend of the meet and greet. Will be spending 5 nights camping with the family at the Agnes caravan park. Will have the boat with us if the weather is good. Might have to ask someone nicely if we could fillet and wash the boat down at their place as I don't think it would go down well at the caravan park anyways 72 sleeps to go BITCHEZZZZ

cheers from boony
    Booney, I'm sure that if you some room for boat cleaning and fish etc, Team C will be happy to offer our place, its where you will have to wiegh your fish anyway so make yourselves at home
    Cheers,
    Chong

Team C
    Stilla C
    Cheers,
    Chong

And members, just wait till you see the new wiegh in station you just turn up for a drink too watch the action.. 2015 = BIG RED YEAR
    Cheers,
    Chong

Booney, you are welcome to use the facilities at Fortress Team Sumo. We will be in town at the same time as the AF M&G
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Team xtreme are booked in for the first weekend of the meet and greet. Will be spending 5 nights camping with the family at the Agnes caravan park. Will have the boat with us if the weather is good. Might have to ask someone nicely if we could fillet and wash the boat down at their place as I don't think it would go down well at the caravan park anyways 72 sleeps to go BITCHEZZZZ

cheers from boony
    Booney you are welcome to came to our place and wash my boat/ fillet my fish anytime you like!

Jerry cans - tick. I have another question for the 1770 regulars.

My local fishing is not reef country, the images below is what we use when sitting in one spot.

We're looking at getting a standard reef anchor for the M&G trip but may have an issue.

The boat has a winch, and no bollard's. How would a reef anchor fit to this bowsprit?

Reading other threads, a Sarca would be a $300+ gamble eachdrop, a manson style / roll bar anchor looks like it won't work with this bow.

Has anyone seen a custom reef anchor with an elbow and sufficient forarm so the bent prongs will keep clear of the hull while bashing out at ramming speed to spot X ?

Any other ideas / suggestions ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only suggestion I can come up with is:-

Attach the standard reef anchor. Let out some line, prior to launching and tuck the anchor on the deck of the boat ( cockpit ). Tie off rope.

When you want to anchor, drop the pick from iside the boat ....let out enough line using electric winch.

When you need to retrieve, you have 2 options.... winch it up via the electric or use a bouy / float and drive off, recovering the anchor, float and rope into the cockpit area of the boat.

You will find you won't be doing a lot of anchoring anyway.

That anchor you have in the photo is the one used inside the lagoons for over night rests as they are sand bottom.

FWIW I have used a plough anchor in the offshore waters there. Worked OK, but I always drive off the anchor and let the bouy float it up.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks for your hospitality lads, looking forward to it. We should roll in Friday arve/night on the 11th.
    70 sleeps to go bitchezzzz!!!!!!

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Quote Originally Posted by [FONT=Calibri
    . I have another question for the 1770 regulars.[/FONT]

We're looking at getting a standard reef anchor for the M&G trip but may have an issue.

Any other ideas / suggestions ?
    Mate, no issue...throw rope at any AF member on a mooring or with pick down we all luv the company...drift out wide is easy and find a mate with a mooring is best for night night ....
    Cheers,
    Chong

Thanks for your hospitality lads, looking forward to it. We should roll in Friday arve/night on the 11th.
    70 sleeps to go bitchezzzz!!!!!!

cheers from boony
    Friday 11th...... mmmmmmm Tavern Night...

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

LP
    Sold!!!!��

We arrive Saturday the 5th (till 19th) so no doubt see some of you there early...

tavern day and night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

LP
    It'll be set up camp and try not to strangle each other night.
    68 sleeps to go bitchezzz!!!!!

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".

Looks like I can get the week off work. Please count me in + 1.

Thanks

62 sleeps to go bitchezzz!!!!
    seems like no one is excited Philly, need to get some excitement going on up in here

cheers from boony