Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015. Agnes Water / 1770. Meet & Greet.

Cool 2015. Agnes Water / 1770. Meet & Greet.

The 2015 Annual Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & Greet. ( 11th successive year )

The official dates are from Saturday 12th September to Friday 18th September.

A lot of us turn up the week before and some with families, stay the week after as the 19th is the start of school holidays.

We stay in Agnes Water itself due to the infrastrucutre at hand. Servo, Tavern, Shops etc.

PRD Reality are well aware of us and you can call Michelle on ( 07) 4974 9470 to get the right house to suit your needs.

A brief note for the “ newbies “..

We mainly fish offshore and out at the islands ( 60 - 70k's ), but plenty of action near the bar / headland or Bustad Head to the north. There many creeks for the kayaks or small tinnies. Think ahead and book your deckie spot ( if you are boatless ) or if you need deckies, let us know. Same goes for the accommodation as most houses will accommodate 8 – 10 and 3 boats etc.

Do not leave the accom booking until the last minute. A lot of the regulars book their accom a year in advance. We will try to have at least one night as a group get together and time and place will be advised. Certainly the Friday night ( start night ) is usually at the Tavern for the “ re-aquaintence “ event.

Please make sure your boats are in good working order, including batteries, radios, safety gear is in date etc. Suggested fishing gear is a good spin rod & reel, trolling and bottom bashing gear. Line class around the 60lb works well. You may want to bring a freezer to store fish and crabs. Most houses have these in place, but pays to ask.

Live bait can usually be found close to the bar and other areas out near the islands. Best all round baits are Mullett fillet ( purchase this in season around may / june ). Squid and large pillies are also good. The gun livie bait is Slimie Mackerel.

Agnes Water is about 530k's north of Brisbane, with the ideal route via the Bruce Highway and then Bundaberg. Stopping for fuel is suggested to be at Curra ( just north of Gympie ) and Appletree Creek... a few k's past Childers. The servo at Agnes sells fuel at about 5% dearer than Brisbane, has bulk ice at hand and some of the best hamburgers you'll ever eat. This servo is open from 5am until 11pm daily.

A member data base will be established so we can all keep in contact with everyone so we are all on the same page for fishing expeditions and social gatherings.

More info will come to hand as the year progresses and any questions.... just ask.

for some info and reading, check this out:-

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...13+agnes+water

Members that have put their hands up are :-

My-TopEnder
    Chong
    TREVELLY
    Almako
    JulianDeMarchi
    Cheech.......... Late withdrawl....
    Tangles
    MEG-A-BITE
    rtp1984
    Bull
    One more drop
    Corry
    marvin
    Humdinger
    Captain Seaweed
    Bungs in
    Lucky_Phill
    honda900
    Adam_G
    Apollo
    Jarrah Jack
    Aussie123
    vertico
    wardeysin
    Trymyluck
    chicksloveit
    JD
    Lee
    2 x randoms joining Team C
    My Rules + 2
    bannana + 3
    xtremeboony + ?
    Cods Whallup
    Gumby_111
    wetryin
    roz
    Black Rats
    Paramaster72
    Deiter
    Rob Tranter
    berleyGU
    ddarrren

Cheers LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 23-08-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 2015. Agnes Water / 1770. Meet & Greet.

Count me in! Went to 2005 one, will be back 10 years later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil how many 5-6M boats make the trip?

ok..see if we can make it again (hehe)....2015..going to be my red dream....i will crack double figures...

A.P.U. Team C booked and ready...

Cant (hehehe) wait...

Cheeersrsrsrsrsrsr
    Chong
    Cheers,
    Chong

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Phil how many 5-6M boats make the trip?
    There are a number of boats ranging from 4mtrs to 8mtrs. ( A few times we had a 35ft Bertram attending ) and even a 3mtr Jet Ski

The general concensus is on a good day a 4.5mtr boat can travel to the islands no worries. Certainly places like Bustard Head is well within reach and safety.

I would say most of the boats are in the 5 - 6 mtr range.... with the 6mtr ones being in the majority.

The idea is to have a boat big enough for the crew to have a " sleep-over " in one of the lagoons out wide..

LP

As Phill said nearly correctly:-

"We mainly fish offshore and out at the islands ( 60 - 70k's ), but plenty of action (near) AT the bar AND IN THE PUB CARPARK / headland or Bustad Head to the north. There many creeks for the kayaks (or small) AND MANY DRUNK tinnies. Think ahead and book your deckie spot ( if you are boatless ) or if you need deckies, let us know. Same goes for the accommodation as most houses will accommodate 8 – 10 and 3 boats etc."

I am there Phill - Team Fishzilla!
    6.2m boat - I will spend most of my time OS and hopefully NW Island and abouts South of there after reds and stuff.
    After Break Sea Spit getting zip from the deep - not sure I will try again - hmmmm - thinking about it.
    Cheers

Trev

Tides for the event.

Moon is also shown. New Moon on the 13th. That means........ Moon by day = fish by day..

LP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 03-01-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Count me in.

Al

Reel Therapy..

I'll be there. 2 years down with my Cheech gaol sentence, 8 to go. Cheers Chong. :-)

Think you're getting out after 10? Will be there with bells on.

I have my accomodation booked.

13 Sunlover Ave, Agnes Water.

September 4th ( Friday ) until September 18th ( Friday ).... although I may depart on the morning of the Saturday 19th, as I do have a wedding to attend in Brisvegas on the 19th, so I'll play it by ear. And weather.

I have 2 target species this year.

Shallow water Trout and deep water Rosey's, both very, very different fishing styles.

For the Trout I will be using a long wand, H/D spin reel and unweighted baits in less than 8mtrs of water, while the Rosey's will require a deck winch for the 100mtr plus depths.

If anyone gets onto some large slimie mackerel at reasonable prices, can you post up the details here.

cheers LP

Shallow Trout and Rosey's…. Phill, mate no need for a boat you can catch those at the bar?,

as for Team C FERRETS I have no idea of when, where and what, except that which is in front of one as that usually just takes care of itself, i assume we will be there in some shape or form and catch reds, nannies and trout and leave the rosies for the bar,
    Tangles KFC

An electric reel would be good for the 100m stuff, (not that it is really deep) Scott and I fished near on 300m last week with his electric, and it works great, not exactly sporting of course.....
    Last edited by Noelm; 16-01-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I have my accomodation booked.

If anyone gets onto some large slimie mackerel at reasonable prices, can you post up the details here.

cheers LP
    how large? We regularly get them better than 30cm long, I can get heaps, just need a way to get them there, my son is talking about a road trip to the Sunshine coast in a few months, if he makes it a definite, I will see what I can do, if not, I guess just like Mullet, you will have to find a local source.

I'm all booked to.

9th till 19th at Pacific Getaway.

Looking forward to meeting you folk this year.. and getting a few overnighters in as there will only be two of us on board this year.

Target species - Everything... Red emperor, Coral Trout, Snapper, Red throat emperor etc.