Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few more pics of Moreton and Straddie from the air

A few more pics of Moreton and Straddie from the air

A follow on from my post about South Passage Bar which can be found here: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...r-from-the-air

All going well I will be doing a lot more flying after March next year, so might be able to take a few people up (4 seat Cessna 172) sometime later in the new year. If it happens, I will chuck up a post with some invites.

Re: A few more pics of Moreton and Straddie from the air

Awesome. Great to get overhead perspective, especially of the bars around SEQ.

So that's what you've been up to in your spare time...

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Awesome. Great to get overhead perspective, especially of the bars around SEQ.

So that's what you've been up to in your spare time...

cheers Phill
    I wish, been sitting idle a lot since the trail bike crash and subsequent collision with the kangaroo. Just starting to get out and about again, and just got my medical to fly again. Will be smashing out the hours in Jan and Feb, plus doing ground school to finish of my navigation.

Awesome photos mate and thanks for sharing.
    We certainly live in a bloody wonderful part of the world.
    Cheers Tony.

Love it mate. Fantastic photos!

Any chance of flying over Noosa bar??

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Maybe next year. I am going to be tied up with training till end of Feb all going well (Start full time this Sunday). The problem I have at the moment is that I am restricted to a training area (roughly a triangle from Redcliffe to Northern End of Bribie to Woodford) unless I have an instructor next to me, and that is expensive. I do the ground school from Jan 19th to Feb 6th, then I fly about 10 cross country flights and a check flight an then I am fully licenced.

Once I am fully licenced, I will be hour building to get my instrument rating. I cant charge people to take them up but its more fun with another person in the plane, so will be looking for victims to come flying with me. Being a low hour pilot (currently only have about 60 hours) most people are to scared. I should have about 90 hours up by the end of Feb.

I'll be willing to come up with you, send me a pm closer to the time. Don't think my camera can take as good as quality photos as yours can. Would yours be a Go Pro or something along those lines?

Cheers, Bondy

Awesome photos Andy. Keep them up and thanks for sharing.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those photos are just awesome the best i have seen thank you for showing us.

cheers G.R.Hilly

Great photos mate. Flying looks awesome wish I had the coin to throw at it as well. Good luck with it all, and keep the photos coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Old thread bump.

I am heading up to do a lap of Fraser with a commercial student next week (how long has it taken to organise a trip north!!). Noosa might be a hard one to photograph as it right on the fringe of Sunny Coast airport controlled airspace, but I will try and snap a few pics on the way through. I am going to fly as a passenger on the way home, and I am really keen to try and get some photos of the Wide Bay Bar. Any other requests?

Someone is now posting images of Noosa Bar on the Fishing Noosa website using a drone, so getting a much better idea where to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Old thread bump.

I am heading up to do a lap of Fraser with a commercial student next week (how long has it taken to organise a trip north!!). Noosa might be a hard one to photograph as it right on the fringe of Sunny Coast airport controlled airspace, but I will try and snap a few pics on the way through. I am going to fly as a passenger on the way home, and I am really keen to try and get some photos of the Wide Bay Bar. Any other requests?
    Not so much as a request, just a question.

I went for a Tiger Moth joyflight last Sunday........ from Redcliffe. Amazing views over the water and out to Lake Samsonvale.

All was going well until we did a loop and a roll.

Instant nausea and headache. We landed about 11am ish.... and I drove straight home and laid down. Didn't recover until about 8pm. WTF ?????

The open cockpit was great, just like riding a motorbike with open face helmet.

Anyway..... any aerial shots would be good...... cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Tony.......You're back
    Maybe you should buy one of these.

It'll follow you without the need to steer it.
    Just throw in the air or water and off you go LOL.