Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: out of warranty no fix

Re: out of warranty no fix

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Welcome to dealing with Navico. If they use a membrane type keypad the whole unit will need to replaced - no parts available unless you can get a dead one from somewhere. If they use individual switches behind the rubber it may be replaceable. Where are you located?
    I am located at manly west, sounder etc works fine, I think if I put mark in each time and press go to it would work, but obviously that is a pain in the arse
    I just cant go to stored marks as down button is no longer functioning

purchased from bcf, they said they will do all they can, but what usually happens is an offer is made to buy another item from lowrance at 50% discount
    I don't want to buy another product that cant be fixed off them if problems after 12 months.

I do have an old handheld from back in late 90's I may use when I go to Noosaville for 10 days at easter to find reefs offshore

Here's some guys fixing the membranes with foil.
    http://minidiy.blogspot.com.au/2008/...uttons-in.html

Have to be worth a shot, maybe that burglar tape they stck on windows would be easier.
    Station Rat mentioned re-coating as well remember.

How hard can it be?

You could try Trymax Marine at Capalaba - 3245 3633. I know they don't sell the Elite stuff because of the 12 month warranty and this sort of thing happening. Not sure if they will try and fix them though. It will cost a bit but is an option if you aren't happy to do it yourself. At least worth a phone call.

Lowrance have always had poor service policies. I gave them away years ago. I didn't find them particularly reliable either. Garmin has been the standout for reliability for me.