Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side Console and leaning underway.

Re: Side Console and leaning underway.

This is why yanky boats have lots more beam and are set up way better,ozy boat builders still have a bit to learn to catch up,you just cant design a hull and then do different fit outs to make every one happy,all boats look good on the trailer in the sale yard,and what others say is a good boat might not be good for you for what you want and how you fish.

I'm double your bloody 80 kg and there is no way I could own a sidey..i don't think that wider beam is necessarily the answer either because it means the weight is moved further from the middle and hence more chance of lean..I'm going with a narrower tiller steer platey... This thread just helps confirm my thoughts.

I'm at the double 80 or thereabouts and had a 445 Sioux tiller and would sit against the side one up with fuel tank in my corner with little noticeable lean but at 2.1 beam Was very stable. I know not a side console but still sitting in one side

Sent from my fingers via my brain
    Ross

May your lines be as tight as ....

I bought a boat that normally is a side consol and had the manufacturer make it a centre consol when I ordered it. Best move I've made. My boat is a 4.23 Bass Hunter. Great estuary boat.

ken

I've got a trailcraft 5.1 profish side console with big duel batteries on the same side as the console. No choice for anywhere else. I just move the 75 ltr esky to the other side and alls good. But I can't get it to sit on the trailer flat, no matter what I do. Even if I drive it on flat, it's leaning by the time I get home. Given up worrying over it.

Cheers

are you looking at shallow or deep v boats?

Thanks for the replies guys.
    kizza1, I am after a shallow V and made of alloy. The one that has caught my eye in the last day or two is the Stacer outlaw 449 or 469. Anyone have one of these or similar? Cheers Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    geez, i wish i was 82kg's
    Haha my thoughts exactly. Yeah, my 4.5 Hornet Trophy leans....I'm 107 kg. electric, battery and esky to port helps if I'm alone. Usually though I have the better half with me, so easily accounted for.

They only lean at low to medium speed. Once you are going along on the plane, a heavy boat will even out, and the lean is not noticable.

Im 100kg, and my boat is 4.1m. Occaisionally, I will lean my body to the centre of the boat to even things out. Just move your stance a little wider, even if your sitting down.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

I have a seajay avenger 4.4 side console it leans abit but now to bad as gecko said mainly at low speed nice solid boat

Quote Originally Posted by madmaskbass View Post
    I'm double your bloody 80 kg and there is no way I could own a sidey..i don't think that wider beam is necessarily the answer either because it means the weight is moved further from the middle and hence more chance of lean..I'm going with a narrower tiller steer platey... This thread just helps confirm my thoughts.
    The wider beam deferentially helps with stability at rest and under way, Shallower dead rise will also help with the stability. As you move the weight further back from the bow the less it will lean. I can not think of one reason why you would want a narrower beam on a boat of this size.