Thread: Haines Signature Trim Tabs?

Haines Signature Trim Tabs?

Has anyone out there in AF land fitted trim tabs to a Signature with a variable deadrise hull. I find it difficult to see how it could be done.

Cheers

Haines Signature Trim Tabs?

Why? Because of the their VDH, or, the duck boards/boarding platforms they use?

The former should present no reason. The latter can be managed with a bit of planning, careful measuring and a bit of extra work. Do a search on here for trim tabs on Seafarers with posts by Chimo, or maybe Tenzing (can't remember which, maybe both). You'll see pics for a similar situation to yours re having to penetrate the duckboards with the Rams/actuators.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Haines Signature Trim Tabs?

IMG_0397.jpg
    Lencos on a 600F.
    Made the boat do what it is meant to .
    I needed rear lift badly but not so much balance , they work perfectly to provide lift like this.

Birdy

Thanks gofish, certainly points me in the right direction.
    Birdy my hull has a step at the back but at least you confirm that, at that angle the tabs still work.
    Not sure why you have tabs on the 600F because another kw transducer on the other side would have been suffice

I put Lenco's on my 540 sig, the VDR makes no difference to positioning and I wouldn't have a long range boat without them.