Thread: Stradic 2500FJ New Rod?

Stradic 2500FJ New Rod?

Hey guys and girls,

I finally got around to buying myself a Stradic... I've been wanting one for bloody years, but never actually owned one. Anyway now I finally have one, I've been trying to find a rod to put it on.

The main uses for it are going to be bread and butter type stuff, so Bream, and Flathead around the pin mainly, but possibly also whiting even though I have a dedicated rod and Symetre 1000 for that.

I have put it on an Abu Garcia Revo S rod in the 3-6kg range at the moment, but the issue being that the Stradic isn't exactly light, and on such a light Nano/Graphite rod, it's just not balanced well at all.

Has anyone got one of these reels and possible suggestions on a nice rod to go with it? I was thinking maybe a mexican fire II type rod, or even one of the Lure Project type rods... I don't want to spend a fortune, but then I don't want cheaper Kato or Rogue rods either given that I've thrown a bit of extra money at the reel.

Re: Stradic 2500FJ New Rod?

Iv got a 2500fj on 2-4kg Mexican fire II and it's a good little set. Spooled with 6lb iv caught every bream and flatties through to small Mack's out in the bay.

have a look at the phluger tron rods or mexican fire they would be my mid range pick
    cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

i got mine on a 10-20 LB terez rod, i got two spools for it. one is set up for river with 8lb and the other is 20lb for outside playing with light plastics.
    Its amazing what such a rod can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by bowds13 View Post
    Iv got a 2500fj on 2-4kg Mexican fire II and it's a good little set. Spooled with 6lb iv caught every bream and flatties through to small Mack's out in the bay.
    Yerp thats the go. I have ci4+ stradic on a 1-3kg 7'2. So the 2-4 would be good for the fj

G'day

My favorite outfit is my stradic Fi matched with the 7' 3-5kg phluger trion and 10lb braid. Mainly for bay snapper and so far the record is an 83cm snap on that.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Seems odd that your 2500 reel doesn't suit a 3-6kg rod by being too heavy.. In theory i would have thought it should suit it perfectly a touch light if anything?

I have my stradic 2500fi on a pflueger xtr 2-5kg rod. Very powerful little setup and well made, nice grip and guides etc. And within your budget. Would be perfect for what your using it for if you already have a 1-3kg setup.

I also am a fan of the Berkely drop shots for a more bargain rod. Looks like theres a 2-5kg 7'6 which might be worth a look?

Thanks for the suggestions... I'm going to take it with me and try a few different rods out, but leaning towards something like a Samaki Zing Extreme.

I've got a normal Zing 6'10" in 2-4kg and it feels good on it. Might just try and find something a little bit beefier like a 3-5 or something so I can use it in the light reefs, and for the bigger flathead come time for them.

The issue with the balance on the Revo rod is that because it's one of the new Nano type graphite rods, it's feather light, and with the weight of the Stradic it just doesn't feel quite right.

So I went up to Tackle Warehouse today and had a chat to the guys there, had a feel of a few rods. Essentially I was torn between 3 different rods.
    1. Shimano Rack Raider 681
    2. Shimano Soft Plastic Raider 611 Bream
    3. Daiwa Generation Black 6'11" Wicked Weasel.

I went with the best of both worlds. Wicked Weasel feels like a very very well put together rod. And being a bit stiffer it should do well if something bigger decides to hit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gen blacks are a great value for money rod, it shouldn't let you down

Its funny. I googled wicked weasel and didnt see the rods....
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Bahahaha you found the little bits of material, Wicked Weasels didn't you