Thread: I'm Back! Long time between drinks

I'm Back! Long time between drinks

So... I haven't been around this place for AGES!!

Not to say I haven't been fishing, although that has been pretty limited as well.

I see there are still a few of the old names floating around too... the likes of Lucky Phill and others.

Anyway I have been playing around with other hobbies and working in an industry that didn't really allow me to do much fishing because of constant weekend work. I bought a Hobie kayak and did a bit of fishing with that, but even that was short lived once time got in the way.

6 months ago I turned one of my long time hobbies of car detailing into work, and now work for a boutique car detailing business in Brisbane as the detailer. That now means that most of my weekends are free again, from lunch time Saturday and every sunday.

I've just bought myself a birthday present to myself, and bit the bullet and finally bought a Stradic 2500FJ. I'd always wanted a Stradic, and for some reason never bought one. I'd bought dearer reels, and more often than not bought cheaper ones because the budget didn't fit. The planets finally aligned and with a 20% off offer from BCF and a few gift cards, I chipped in the extra $30 and I finally had my Stradic 2500 spooled up with 10lb PowerPro Bite Motion.

I'm back into my fishing again... so if anyone around brissy is looking for a deckie for a day on the bay or particularly down the pin, I'm free most weekends.

I'm also waiting for dates for the 2015 Agnes M&G so I can lock in leave, and stock up on gear... I might even try and convince my brother-in-law to be to bring his boat up.

Re: I'm Back! Long time between drinks

Oh yeah, and do we get a gold watch or anything for being a 10 year member? Gees makes me feel bloody old to think I've been around here that long.

Welcome back.

Yes, you have been away for a while.

Is the Hobie a Mirage Drive ?

I will post up Agnes Dates in the new year... but it is always the week before September school holidays

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

It'd be a few years that I've been away... well from posting anyway. I've popped in for a read from time to time.

The Hobie I bought was just a paddle one, a little Quest 11. But I gave myself a couple of scary moments with it and it sat unused for few months. After getting myself further into the Pin system than I'd planned on one day and wearing myself to the point of complete exhaustion I was a little gun shy. I finally got back on the horse a couple of weeks later and took it down the brisbane river on a calm day for a bit of a flick along the wharves. Anyway, I got back to Colmslie at low tide, beached on the mud, climbed and proceeded to sink into quicksand like mud and struggled for near on 30 minutes before I could free myself. After those two combined incidents it just sat around and I eventually sold it.

Thinking about it now, I should have just accepted that I did the wrong thing both times and kept using it. Anyway lesson learned, I'm back looking at new options and waiting for the new 2015 Hobie Outback to come out before I can start making further decisions on what I'll buy. Either way whatever I buy (Pro Angler, Revo, or Outback) will be a mirage drive model.

As for Agnes, lock me in. I think I still even have my shirt from '05.