Thread: Trying to tee up with some regular Moreton bay fishing and boating blokes Northside

Trying to tee up with some regular Moreton bay fishing and boating blokes Northside

G'day,

Names Matt I'm a 26 year old uni student with a 5.2m old school islander cab runner hull, with a new yamaha 115hp Saltwater Series on the back.
    I'm new to ausfis, have always read the free forums, but finally joined up so I could be a part of the discussion, meet and greets, etc.

I've mainly joined to try tee up with some regular guys who fish the northern side of the bay (from peel island and upwards). Most of my fish caught have been the obvious bread and butter flatty's bream, whiting etc. Have moved onto tailor, the odd snapper, mackerel etc.

I'm really keen to start targeting Pelagic's like nice Mack and Tuna around the bay and also target some quality snapper and quality table fish.
    I'm looking to follow guys out in my boat and/or go out with other more experienced boaties outside to hutches and the trench and even around the bay etc. Just mainly looking for tips and pointers throughout the bay to better myself as a fisherman!

cheer guys!

Matt

Re: Trying to tee up with some regular Moreton bay fishing and boating blokes Northsi

G'day mate and welcome aboard. I fish northern bay but the wind has restricted my endeavours lately. Good luck with the fish

Re: Trying to tee up with some regular Moreton bay fishing and boating blokes Northsi

Hey Matt; I'm looking for the same - only I'm south side. 5M plate boat with 90HP.

Mainly fish Sothern Bay and out off Gold Coast.

Occasionally enjoy a trip out of Brissy river North to the 4 beacons and incorporate a snorkel over at Tangalooma too.

Would love to go this w'end but forecast is looking pretty average.

I guess I'll jump in as well, I'm David, 18 footer wooden speed boat now with center console from Mnt Gravatt. Been to the beacons a few times but lately the weather been not so good. I'm getting into pelagics and crabbing

would be nice to meat a few of the members here

Are you still looking for someone to fish with? I'd be happy to bring a bit of fuel & bait + be deckhand if you're interested. I'm located at palm beach/elanora but happy to travel.

@mattbell89,

Your message bank is full, you need to delete / and or clean out your "sent" and "inbox" folders if you want to receive any further messages.

Cheers, Bondy