Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1770 or Turkey Beach

Re: 1770 or Turkey Beach

Ended up driving up sunday, launched from middle creek and ran up the coast into pancake that way, was blowing 10knt S/E so wasn't too bad, the water was real dirty from all the rain I'm guessing so the fishing was pretty disappointing, Trolled out and around inner/middle and outer rocks....... had a couple of hits on metal slugs at outer rocks ended up being small spanish nothing to write home about....... couple of tiny trev's inside the mouth but otherwise not much around......

Beautiful place and will return again soon as the weather is right, the water temp was 28deg out at outer rocks............

only thing we did get were a few mud crabs made it worth the trip!

Good one, at least you gave it a try. I imagine there was bit of water on the track to Middle Ck from the Agnes road?

Did you get eaten by sandflies at Middle Ck? We camped there one night in a hiking tent that ha mozzie proof but not sandfly proof mesh and it was the most miserable night I've ever had camping.

Quote Originally Posted by andoland View Post
    Good one, at least you gave it a try. I imagine there was bit of water on the track to Middle Ck from the Agnes road?

Did you get eaten by sandflies at Middle Ck? We camped there one night in a hiking tent that ha mozzie proof but not sandfly proof mesh and it was the most miserable night I've ever had camping.
    Yeah mate there was a heap of water on that track but it was real firm underneath so no dramas, Although heading in in the dark is was a little worrying as id never been there before but was all good one creek i had to walk before driving as its looked deep but it was ok at about thigh height...........

Yeah the sandflies were pretty bad at middle creek but fine over at pancake so that was cool, They were so bad at middle that i waited till i got back on the main road to empty and tie down the boat.... wouldn't wanna camp there....

Now my next mission is out to lady musgrave island but will have to wait for the weather on that one!! ever done it in a small boat?

No only in a 55ft boat.

forgot to mention, mud crabbing at Turkey is more productive than the inlet at 1770/agnes, less "share farming" at Turkey!!! however getting out to sea from Turkey is a much longer journey, provided you want to fish blue water, estuary is better IMO at Turkey.... honesty & location are on par with each other, %99.9 nice people.
    r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!