Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 or Turkey Beach

1770 or Turkey Beach

Gday all,

Planning a trip to bustard head and wondering weather anyone has left their car/trailer in 1770 or turkey beach?
    Is it safe to just leave it at the boat ramp or are there any options to leave it some place safe and secure?

Anyone on here got room for a 4x4/trailer for a few days next week wind depending?

Never done the trip before but really keen to check the place out, i'll be taking my 4.5 bluefin centre console Small boat i know but she goes great offshore. I am aware of the wind and won't go if its to bad but I'm staying positive at the moment.

Any tip's on the area would be great, Planning on chasing some Mac's around the rocks and if the wind is up thought i'd launch at turkey beach and fish on the inside there outa the wind hopefully?

theres point just above turkey beach can't remember it name can you camp/launch there?

Any locals with a fishing report also?

Sorry for the amount of questions

Regards

Rob

Re: 1770 or Turkey Beach

hey mate I fish out of turkey beach been going there for 10 years nearly never once had a problem when leaving the car and trailer at the ramp. yer there is pleanty of good fishing in the creek mate whena re u heading up there

thinking of driving up sunday night, spending 3 days fishing hoping to get out the front really but will see what the wind does i guess.

You live round those parts?

Rob

other option I'm thing of is launching at middle creek i think it is then heading out to pancake creek at high tide ever done this???

I have fished from both Turkey & 1770, seemed a lot longer to get to Bustard from Turkey, I did have a keel roller pinched from my trailer at the 1770 boat parking area , I took Wags out for a mornings fish in my boat, although that sort of low act could happen at any boat ramp.
    Would still prefer 1770 when steaming up to Bustard.
    cheers roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Both bars are relatively easy to cross. From Turkey you've got headlands and rocks mostly while from 1770 you've got lots of beach as you head north. Just in case you were desperate to head in to shore for emergency etc.
    More facilities available at Agnes compared to Turkey; proper servo etc and only cornershop at turkey.

cheers for the info fellas, Hoping on some favourable wind next week so i can have a crack........
    More than likely i'll launch at 1770 and leave the car there for a night thinking of camping in pancake creek in the swag......

might get an unpowered site and leave the car there for safety rather than at the boat ramp.

no bar at turkey beach like Mooloolaba just head straight out

Quote Originally Posted by robpados View Post
    might get an unpowered site and leave the car there for safety rather than at the boat ramp.
    Hey mate, also check with 1770 Boat storage on 4974 7047. They have a secure facility on the way into town and they also have a courtesy bus. It may/may not be cheaper than a site.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

hey fellas,

Got more questions, is it possible to drive out to pancake creek? via a national parks track or has that closed think i read on an old thread you used to be able to drive there with a kitted 4x4.........

or should i just stick with the 1770 plan and drive round in the boat!

According to the National Parks website they list Pancake Creek as boat based camping only.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Check on your weather. If you have SE then I would head to turkey. You can fish straight out the front or run out to Bustard. If the weather pics up there are a lot more inshore options for your sized boat at Turkey
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

From the road into Turkey Beach there is a dirt track off to the right that goes all the way through to the bitumen road to 1770/Agnes. It's probably an hours drive to get the whole way through to the Agnes Rd. From this dirt track you can access Middle Creek and Eurimbula Creek. You can also access the very top of Pancake Ck and launch your boat there at the point where Pancake and Middle Creeks meet. At low tide there is no water there so you can only launch and head out to the mouth of Pancake at about half tide and higher. It's about a 20 minute drive (maybe less) from the Turkey Beach road to the launching point. Plenty of people leave their vehicles parked nearby. I've done the trip once and camped on the southern side of Pancake Ck from my 4m tinny. It's about a 20 minute run from the launch pt to the beach in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by andoland View Post
    From the road into Turkey Beach there is a dirt track off to the right that goes all the way through to the bitumen road to 1770/Agnes. It's probably an hours drive to get the whole way through to the Agnes Rd. From this dirt track you can access Middle Creek and Eurimbula Creek. You can also access the very top of Pancake Ck and launch your boat there at the point where Pancake and Middle Creeks meet. At low tide there is no water there so you can only launch and head out to the mouth of Pancake at about half tide and higher. It's about a 20 minute drive (maybe less) from the Turkey Beach road to the launching point. Plenty of people leave their vehicles parked nearby. I've done the trip once and camped on the southern side of Pancake Ck from my 4m tinny. It's about a 20 minute run from the launch pt to the beach in the boat.
    Thanks for the info mate and everyone else!

Was this track out to pancake wet when you went by any chance? Im keen to give it a go but not sure weather this track will be slop at the moment or not guess its just a matter of having a look!
    Would be better with another 4x4 to help out if there was trouble............

From memory, even if it is wet the track from Turkey Beach Rd to pancake ramp should be okay. It gets very boggy further on but not on the section you would use. It's been a few years since I was there though.

The track is quite rough so it will be slow going but there was never anything difficult about it. However, there is a timber bridge you have to cross and I once found the approach and departure ramps to/from the bridge washed away but it was later fixed and the other times I passed through it was okay.