Thread: Bass are on the chew

Bass are on the chew

Went for a trundle down to my little creek at the Redlands for a couple of hours again Saturday morning. I tossed three different lures types before finding one in the style and colour that got the bass excited. Tried SX40's in purple over silver,gold over black, spinner baits, and a little blade - Finally put back on an SX40 in a dull natural grey/ black colour that enticed a few hits . They seemed to have stepped up a gear with this stormy weather and I've been getting three or four each trip now for the last three weeks. I know it's small pickings compared to the impounded captures , but I'm happy enough to throw lures at the wild ones for a couple of hours each weekend when I don't go out in the boat and enjoy an easy session . I've now tagged just over thirty in a small stretch of creek without recapturing any , so their must be a good healthy little population there.Finally cracked one over 40cm last weekend and it gave a nice little account for itself in the heavily timbers which a strewn throughout the creek. I'm hoping they get a bit more rain down that way , as a lot of the creek is starting to get very shallow and it's to the stage now where a few spots are simply too shallow to hold the fish.
    Bring on the stormy afternoons!
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nsthreesmall.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	106686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ns6.12small.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	106689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1375csmall.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	106688  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Bass are on the chew

You're definitely on a winner - got that creek sussed out!

Re: Bass are on the chew

Good fish mate I have probably pulled about 20-30 bass out of there in the last year with none of your tags so there is definatly a healthy population.. Good fish mate