Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fined for catch and release of QLD groper.

Re: Fined for catch and release of QLD groper.

Read the report, the guys didn't stuff up, they purposely targeted a protected species and video taped it, then posted it on social media. By the time the video was deleted it was too late. I hope they do the same thing to the guy in the Gold Coast paper with the Mary River Cod.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Read the report, the guys didn't stuff up, they purposely targeted a protected species and video taped it, then posted it on social media. By the time the video was deleted it was too late. I hope they do the same thing to the guy in the Gold Coast paper with the Mary River Cod.
    What's that about Dale?

Dale

I see what you mean Dale, though he could be fishing the Nerang River somewhere along the Nerang-Murwillumbah Road upstream of the lake, plenty of good waterholes there. Wouldn't that be legal?

Obvious poor fish handling as well.

Mary River Cod are totally protected below Hinze. If it's above, it's legal however I've heard it was below.
    Dale

That's a coincidence I was just looking at a picture of a fisheries officer on his annual holidays in barramundi closed season holding up a big metery for a picture just this November and it's still on his Facebook site don't see fisheries booking their own kind and I know for a fact he's targeted these fish during closed season before let alone not releasing immediately but I guess they can do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    That's a coincidence I was just looking at a picture of a fisheries officer on his annual holidays in barramundi closed season holding up a big metery for a picture just this November and it's still on his Facebook site don't see fisheries booking their own kind and I know for a fact he's targeted these fish during closed season before let alone not releasing immediately but I guess they can do as they please.
    You got a link?
    Dale

Don't know what a link is but its on Facebook under his name might not be wise for me to put it up seeing as this guy already hounds me like a mungrel dog in his area he's one of those officers where the badge has gone to his head and he goes out of his way to pinch anyone for anything that normal officers wouldn't even blink at.
    I'll pm you his name