Thread: Redlands Bass

Redlands Bass

The wind this morning put a dampener on heading out in the boat, so I put a bit of gear into a back pack and hit a little backwater creek down in the Redlands.
    Arrived just on 5am and met up with a red belly black snake on the track heading into the creek.
    Gave him a wide birth , then can across a very large brown snake skin ( still wet and very smelly ) Going by the skin ,this fella was a bit over 2m in lenght and was a very serious snake - Hung the skin up in a tree to dry out,If its still there on my next visit , I'll take it home and donated it to a local school for show and tell.

On hitting the first pool , decided to put on an Ecogear SX40 in purple and silver , the water looked surprizingly clear and very fishy after the recent storms.
    Laid out a short cast to wet the braid, then put a cast in tight to some submerged logs -bang first bass of the morning , tag in and a photo for good measure . Second cast, I put it long down along the bank - bang second bass of the moring .Several more casts for no takers ,so moved on to the next pool . Got another two in pretty fast order , stayed for about an hour longer and watched a couple of bass follow the lure right to the edge, but they were very timid.Happy with 4 tagged for the morning I headed home ,before it got too hot.
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	106475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	106476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3.jpg 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	106477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4.jpg 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	106478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5.jpg 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	106479  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6.jpg 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	106480  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Re: Redlands Bass

Well done man, love the bass fishing.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

You did well.

Louis

PS: Have you thought about buying a pair of snake proof gaiters and shoes just in case?

Louis

Nice work beast

Good idea Louis I've put my order in with santa.
    Regards
    Beastmaster
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast