Thread: Outriggers

Outriggers

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a set of outriggers in Brisbane including all rigging?

I'm after a set to suit 6.2 meter plate boat.

Joel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Outriggers

relax.com.au has everything you need
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hi Joel
    I recently installed a set of 4.5m poles and bases from Reelax on a 6.25m fibreglass boat , I ordered mine through wellsys tackle , they are cheaper than going direct to Reelax.
    http://www.wellsystackle.com/sunshop...duct_list&c=24

What is a shot gun outrigger?
    I would like something for my 5.5m just to run some lures bit wider. Dont really want the huge poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    I would like something for my 5.5m just to run some lures bit wider. Dont really want the huge poles.
    Don't bother with riggers, run two rods out the back and one off the bimini, in your centre rod holder. That’s your shotgun lure, run it 20m back down the centre of your spread.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    I had these http://www.escapin.com.au/shop/index...oducts_id=2209 on my last boat, they did the job for general trolling, and they will fit inside the boat when towing.

I actually fitted Juro 3.6m poles with custom made bases onto my current boat, which is 6.2m. I find 3.6 adequate for what I do, which is chasing spanos with 2 x baits, long on the riggers and 2 x lures shorter behind boat. You probly can't turn as sharp with shorter poles but I haven't found it a problem.

I had used these as an alternative to outriggers as another option, you do need to set your spread up properly and watch your turns but they work ok.
    http://www.arnoldsboatshop.com.au/s-...-49918/dp/9523

and they are a lot less of an outlay

Thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking reelax are obviously very high quality, but for my first set I'm inclined to try the the poles from escaping.

I think 4.5 meter poles should be sufficient for what I'm after.

Cheers Joel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too have just put the 4.5m kit from Escapin on my boat (Yalta 189 Cuddy 5.3 long). More than happy with them, strong bases that support the pole well, the poles are 2-piece that bolt together with an eye-bolt. I also ordered the tag-line kit when I ordered my outriggers and they work a treat. IMHO they are a great entry-level outrigger.

have a chat to stuart at precision rods.

As an entry level setup, a couple of cheap surf rods placed in your outside rocket launcher holders via a couple of the angled rod holders already mentioned works a treat provided your launcher is strong enough - gets the riggers overhead so you don't have to worry about clearing them if you get a hot fish that wants to do donuts around the boat. Also gives the option of just using the angled holders if you don't want to carry the entire rigger.

I second Itsadoozee- Ive got the 4.5 Escapin ones on on my Yalta 555 and they've seen a bit of work and and definitely a low/ mid price range winner. don't go for the shorter ones though- the 4.5s come with a much better base and if they do turn out to be too long, the 1st section of the two piece is a tube of equal diameter so you can trim it down very easily

I second Itsadoozee- Ive got the 4.5 Escapin ones on on my Yalta 555 and they've seen a bit of work and and definitely a low/ mid price range winner. don't go for the shorter ones though- the 4.5s come with a much better base and if they do turn out to be too long, the 1st section of the two piece is a tube of equal diameter so you can trim it down very easily

Bringing back an older post.

A question for guys who have outriggers on their boat. When do you set up the outriggers? Do you travel on the water with them up, ie: vertical or near to it, but not out in troll position or leave them stowed away when travelling at more than troll speeds ?