Thread: Wivenhoe Warmth

Wivenhoe Warmth

Hey all, fished Wivenhoe again last Sunday. Was expecting a stinking hot day even from the 6am start but the wind was blowing from the NE and it was quite ok early. We casted all the lower steep banks for the first 2 hours with spinner baits and Jackalls for zip. Then we trolled out in the basin and whammo a nice 44cm to the fork fat Bass. There was bait shows everywhere but not much catching action. We trolled around for about another hour battling by then a stiff Northerly breeze and white capps then fish on. Big Pussy (catfish) was caught and released. Deceided to troll back towards the Logan boat ramp and over the next hour we got bashed up by another 6 Pussys all about 4kg fish. Some even straightened out the owner hooks on my Golden Child lure. The wind turned to the west and up went the temperature. Had a swim in the dam off the boat, some lunch then to the Fernvale pub for a 6 pack for the drive home. Was a good day out again with some really good tough fish. Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bass 001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	106408  
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Re: Wivenhoe Warmth

I know you said it was fat, but bugger me, what a porker. It's so bloody round it looks like it's suffering barotrauma.

Yeah man it looked really healthy and swam away like Grant Kenny in his younger days.

That's a fat boy hahaha
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Any piccies of the big catfish? What depth do you find the bigger catfish at?

no picks of them critters. They were at 6mts.

Good to see the footballs are still out there. Nice catch.
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

that bass will have a heart attack soon, how fat is he!