Thread: Okuma Coranado CD 90

Okuma Coranado CD 90

Hi guys, Have had this reel for over 5 years. It has travelled far, and done some hard work.
    Well maintained, and I love it.
    Lent it to a mate who was doing a charter out of Gladstone. Got snagged, and with a lot of pressure, the bail broke near the holding screw. The line was 50 Lb. Braid. Had a look at the Okuma web site and thought I'd have a crack at their lifetime warranty. There are lots of exclusions, but all sensible, so I dragged out the file and found the receipt. Howzat. Took it to Doug Burts, and asked if the Okuma rep. could take a look.
    Week and a half, and it's repaired----$15.00 for transport.
    Thanks Dougy, and thanks Okuma.
    Cav(J.C.)

Re: Okuma Coranado CD 90

Hmm. Be interesting to see a Daiwa or Shimano thread with an outcome like this. Odds on, it won't happen, though.
    Pretty impressive service and backup, especially for 5 years out - might be time to revisit the Okuma stable?

There Salina 2 is un breakable imo
    happy days ahead summer is coming

The Shimano warranty is absolute rubbish. I have tried it and few friends. Each time the answer is no. I have experienced the Okuma warranty with my father and they were very good. Okuma are not my favourite brand but that was a while back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    There Salina 2 is un breakable imo
    I broke a Salina 3 after a few months.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"