Thread: long day at Borumba

long day at Borumba

Had an excursion to Borumba Dam yesterday. Left home at 2am and back home at 330pm was a long day. Went up with my good mate Scott Pearson who has fished Borumba dam many times. Arrived at the dam at 440am and launched the boat. After a short trip we arrived at a nice steep bank that looked very fishy. 3rd cast I'm on only a small Bass but nice and healthy. Pulled a few more from this bank and being summer the sun was fairly overhead by this time. Then the bites slowed down. Only fished one arm of the dam and there was plenty more we never checked out. Finished fishing at 12pm. Tally ended up 12 Bass, saw 2 Togas and lost one spinner bait, Scott tied a bad knot and it fell off??. Not big fish and the biggest went 37cm to the fork but they still pull ok. All fish caught on spinner bait. Was a good day, good company, good chat but rooted by the time I got home.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borumba Dam Fishing 14 Nov2014 009.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	106372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borumba Dam Fishing 14 Nov2014 008.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	106373  
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Re: long day at Borumba

Always good to get out on water pete ,and even better when you get a few fish .
    How many jackals did you leave on the snags this time ?

I haven't lost any lures yet. Scott is the master at that. 3 Jackalls last time at Wivenhoe, and one spinner bait yesterday.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Next time you are up there and want to play with the togas try slow trolling small poppers across the mouth of the bay's and out in the open water. Don't work them just use it like a wake bait I discovered it by accident and the togas go nuts over them.

I thought they had closed Borumba (again) for blue green algae issues. Good to see it is open.

Nup - still closed...

ah! didn't notice it was an old report!