Thread: Best Spinner baits for Bass?

Best Spinner baits for Bass?

Hi Guys
    I have never used a spinner bait
    I'm planning a trip in the new year to travel from cold Adelaide and fish impoundment dams in QLD

Had a look at our local TackleWorld store, but as you can imagine, not a huge range

I didn't buy any as I was unsure what to buy,
    best colour? and
    best weight?
    And I guess what brand or suggested website?

I thought if a bought a few throughout the year, it would not be such a huge outlay in the new year
    FWIW, hoping to fish Borumba
    .......Gary

Re: Best Spinner baits for Bass?

I fish Borumba all the time Gary, it's a fantastic fishery, you'll love it. You will only need a couple of spinnerbaits, 3 at the most. Maybe 1 x 1/4oz and 2 x 3/8oz.
    I'd stick to TT Vortex, Smak Tournament, Bassman (Carl's Compact model is good), and PML (might be hard to find). There are a lot of bass comps held at Borumba and it's rare to find any of the top anglers using a spinnerbait that's not one of these. Popular colours accross most lures at Borumba are white, and also dark colours, esp purple. I've won a couple of comps there using the same 3/8oz purple TT spinnerbait. Don't worry too much about the colour of the blades, both gold and silver are fine. And whatever spinnerbaits you buy, make sure you use a stinger hook.
    Besides spinnerbaits, Jackall TN60's, 1/4oz Blades, and 2 - 3 inch paddle tail plastics on 3/8 jigheads work well here too.
    Cheers

^^ agree purple, white or brown get one in each weight smaks are the go but they all work.

Tks Mike for thank you detailed reply,
    Much appreciated, thats just what I'm looking for
    .........Gary

Tks Schulzy,
    Just as well I decided to look in to this early!
    There is quite a number of options out there
    .........Gary

Send Glen Casey an email. He'll tell you what you need, make them and post them to you. He's a good bloke.

http://www.bassmanspinnerbaits.com.au/
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Any will work mate

And everyones favourite colour is the first one they tie on. That blue gill ones the go, no white with speckle. One thing is they wont catch a fish in your tackle box.

Even have a look at the K Mart jobs, ditch the big plastick they come with. They will bend on a big fish, or safter a shite load of average ones, but then again they also bend back.

Run a stinger hook and away ya go
    Cheers

Steven

I'm a big fan of the Carl's Compact spinnerbaits by Bassman. Last trip to Borumba the purple one scored me 8 bass and the white is my favourite for sooties at Eungella...

Tks Steve,
    great info!
    ......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    Send Glen Casey an email. He'll tell you what you need, make them and post them to you. He's a good bloke.

Yep second this,tell him where your going and you'll get exactly what you need at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post

Tks for the heads-up,
    great option!
    .......Gary

Email sent!
    ......Gary