Thread: New holden Colorado owners

New holden Colorado owners

Hi guys,

I'm interested to hear from you.

I'm considering buying a new colly.

2014 lx auto, alloy tray, 5 yr warranty, dual cab.

Advertised price is $37990

Are you happy with yours?

Any issues?

How much did you pay and where from? With what options? Pm ok.

I'm travelling and happy to buy from anywhere on the east coast.

Darren

Re: New holden Colorado owners

Hi mate. I've got the dx single cab manual. I'm stoked with it. Much better than the Navara it replaced. I tow a 7.2 metre plate boat without dramas. Best purchase I've made.

My son has a twin cab turbo diesel manual, tows my Sharkcat better than my 100 series Landcruiser.

I have the 2013 LX Man diesel space cab. Best vehicle I have owned, so far.

Standard features and payload / tow specs leave the others in this category for dead....

$38k is a good price...........

Only issue will be the rear leaf springs..... made in India and will start to sag after 30,000k's or so.

I tow a 2 ton boat to 1770 quite regularly, 5th gear and cruise control... does it easy and great on fuel

Good luck

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 12-11-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

B B 50

The Colorado seems top be a fairly good vehicle. I have a space cab Auto model with the bigger tray and a tornau?? cover over the tray. Suits my needs as a farm ute and tow vehicle.
    My manager and I do a lot of travelling with a van and it does perform beautifully.

I would hesitate to put 3.5 tonnes on the tow bar because of the tail wagging the dog thingo.

Power is superb, brakes are excellent, ride is very good. The only thing I am cautious about is the electronic gear shifting, 2 wh. to 4 wh. high or low.

Economy. great, 417 km on exactly 37.85 l. of diesel. 50% h/way 50% city. No towing. Last trip. Partially loaded with about 300 kg in the tray.

Towing we get 13 - 14 l. per. h. About 5 tonnes all up.

My only worry is a failure in "the electronics" but they are all the same here.

Rear tyre wear is also going to be a factor.

Have fun Haji-Baba

I have 2 now the Colorado 7 and the duel cab Ltz auto tows my 3 ton boat and tows a work trailer every day just hit 40tho and never a problem heaps of power and good to drive. I have also got the beausert exaust and steinbauer I get a lot better fuel economy and a bit more power

Quote Originally Posted by dave572123 View Post
    I have 2 now the Colorado 7 and the duel cab Ltz auto tows my 3 ton boat and tows a work trailer every day just hit 40tho and never a problem heaps of power and good to drive. I have also got the beausert exaust and steinbauer I get a lot better fuel economy and a bit more power
    Do you mind if I ask what the chip and exhaust cost?

About 3500 fitted

Thanks for that

LTZ dual cab auto, pulls the seafarer victory around like a tinny!

Had a few issues early on with suspension squeaking but got sorted out under warranty and no issues since, just clicked over 65000km

Get one!

Bought my Collie, in june 2014 $38000 -auto duel cab , towbar , rev camera and plastic's thrown in at the special price (free) still worked out about 4k more than a triton.

I love my collie and I am very very happy with the vehicle at the 10 000 kms mark, plenty of power and more importantly torque- tows like a dream (2t rig) which is why it was purchased, and the fuel economy is unreal. it dont look to shabby either. I got the car one day fitted the wheels and then drove to Gladstone and back to brisbane first tank 900kms for 69ltrs. all smiles happy camper - well i did the same trip last week and this time with 10000kms on the clock and it did 1000kms on 67 ltrs and the computer said it still had a 100ks to go to empty (which is about right working on 8kms/100) the electronic sway control and hillstart is a god send if you have a boat and tow in traffic.

When towing (halfcab with the clears up) it tows nicely at 90-95 without going into top gear ( 6 speed auto) and on my regular tow from D/bay to Colranda or Mbar it tows at 10kms/100 which is better than my old petrol hilux with nothing in it not towing.

Issues to be aware of: buy an auto ( just do it the 6 speed is a sweet thing) stick with the factory tyre sizes if economy is important to you the engine and gearbox parameters have all been set using the stock tyre size. (this is the same for all makes) contact holden customer care centre and find out what are the lateset dealer incentivies - when I bought mine Holden were doing $2000 accessories for free which my dealer forgot to mention to me so the towbar plastics and camera really didnt cost the dealer anything which is ok but if i had been informed of the $2000 offer i would have optioned differently. - get the reversing camera you will love it.- it is big about 1/2 a meter more than a LC wagon. it has a good turning circle for a dual cab. the my link system looks good but relys on data from your smart phone and smart phone apps (this sucks for me as i have a work phone no apps allowed) that said the blue tooth is excellent.

I would buy one again in a heartbeat ..... Just not from Village Motors. Go to a few dealers and find one that you feel comfortable with then talk to some of there customers and check there website feedback.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images