Thread: Xzoga monofilament fishing lines

Xzoga monofilament fishing lines

Hi all, just curious if anyone has any experience with the Japanese Xzoga monofilament fishing line range?

I'm looking at buying some high quality, strong and abrasion resistant mono to topshop (~ 200 m) my land based game (LBG) / rock spinning set up.

Overall the spinning reel can hold 355m of 0.5 mm/ 555 m of 0.4 mm/ 985 m of 0.3 mm and deliver ~ 25 kg + of drag.

I intended fill the first third of the spool with braid followed with the following two thirds being mono (~450 - 500 m total).

Now the question is what is a good mono for rock LBG fishing? Previously (mainly beaches and lakes) I have loved using the Maxima Ultragreen monofilament as it's soft, cast beautifully and reliable. However I don't think it will hold up too well over the rocky terrain.

Secondly I want to get the best bang for my buck regarding strength vs diameter vs abrasion resistance and have come to notice the Japanese Xzoga range.

They supply two mono lines I find interesting:

For comparison reasons the 40 lb Maxima = 0.60 mm in diameter which is kind of the norm for its breaking strain range.

The first Xzoga Rubylon at 40 lb = 0.42 mm, 50 lb = 0.47 mm, or 60 lb = 0.52 mm diameter.

The second Xzoga Masterlon (stated to have really good abrasion resistance/ better for rocks) at 40 lb = 0.52 mm diameter.

I was also considering the German made D.A.M Crosspower of 40 lb = 0.55 mm diameter.

Therefore I must question is the Rubylon and Masterlon simply too good to be true? and does anyone have any experience with it?

Cheers!

Re: Xzoga monofilament fishing lines

Don't quite see the sense in having mostly mono, might just as well use mono for the lot?

Have you priced up some Gliss?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Don't quite see the sense in having mostly mono, might just as well use mono for the lot?
    Two reasons mate, as it's designed for the rocks I want distance without sacraficing the line strength (most LBG set ups recomend a minimum of ~ 400 m or more). The braid backing will allow me to milk out another 100 m or so on my spinning reel which I'm opting for over an overhead set up.

Secondly if I'm fortunite enough to lose ~ 200 - 250 + m of the mono topshot if ever hooked into a monster, I don't want the backing to stretch.

Entire mono will offer me less line on the spool and if stripped enough less control due to the overall stretch over a long length of line.

First I heard of it mate, I just looked it up. Certainly sounds interesting.

I look forward to seeing it hit the market, I might try it out in a couple years.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Have you priced up some Gliss?
    First I heard of it mate, I just looked it up. Certainly sounds interesting.

I look forward to seeing it hit the market, I might try it out in a couple years.

Thanks for the heads up.