Thread: Moreton Bay Mackerel on live bait - OzFishTube.com

Moreton Bay Mackerel on live bait - OzFishTube.com

Welcome to the next OzFishTube production.

In this episode we chase School Mackerel on Live bait, up in the Northern regions of Moreton Bay.

Don't forget to have a look at the website www.Ozfishtube.com for the extra article on targeting these fish.

Regards
    Craigie

Re: Moreton Bay Mackerel on live bait - OzFishTube.com

Nice episode. Would be better if you showed the rigs you were using troll the livies.

Totally agree Still_Dreamin ! I will post up a pic in the near future. There are a few shots we should have included to make it better, something we will improve on in future vids. Appreciate your feedback, hope you still got something out of it.
    Regards
    Craigie
    www.Ozfishtube.com

Good video, thanks.

Are you using inline weight to gain some depth while trolling or just livie?
    Also, is it very slow trolling on constant idle?

Thanks

Max

Hi Max,

On this occossion we just trolled very slowly without any weight, yep at idle. we tried not to go with or into the current but rather troll a zig -zag pattern accross the current.
    Next time we will troll rigs with lead to get the livies down a little deeper.

Cheers
    Craigie.

Nice Craig, up around Western Rocks?
    Cheers
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes mate, spot on there ! We were not on any particular GPS Mark but were were in that area.
    We have another video about to go up, I did a Whiting trip with Peter S in his 19' HH and shot it all on the go pro camera. Has come up quite good with backing music and Voice Over. Pete hooks into a few good ones !! Should have it up today or tomorrow ? I want his boat, great to fish out of !!

Regards
    Craig

Hard to beat the old 19c's Craig, i still miss mine at times. Look forward to seeing the clip.