Thread: Anyone seen or use one of these ?? (GetterBack Rod Recovery System)

Anyone seen or use one of these ?? (GetterBack Rod Recovery System)

Saw info pop up on FB about these things.
    Has anyone seen or used them before ??

The GetterBack enables you to recover ANY OBJECT 4.5kg or less from up to 100 feet of water!!

Link >> http://getterbackaustralia.com.au/#c-about-us

The blurb >>
    How it Works…

GetterBack is the Revolutionary Rod Recovery System

The GetterBack™ installs in seconds with a non-destructive, high-grip Velcro™ strap. In just a few feet of water, a safe, eco-friendly reaction jettisons the high visibility recovery float to the surface. Grab the float and the attached high-strength braided line and pull your fishing rod back up. It’s that easy!

As the GetterBack descends below 5 feet water enters through a specially designed check valve and activates the non-toxic reactant.This reaction produces CO2 gas which builds pressure inside the GetterBack until it reaches 60 PSI at which point the float section is deployed. As the float section rises to the surface, it unwinds the Kevlar line.

Once the bright yellow float reaches the surface it is easily spotted and retrieval of your lost rod is as simple as just pulling in the line!

Re: Anyone seen or use one of these ?? (GetterBack Rod Recovery System)

great idea but how would piece of pool noodle the same size go? I know it does't have the same wow factor
    IFISHCQ2

Re: Anyone seen or use one of these ?? (GetterBack Rod Recovery System)

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1 View Post
    great idea but how would piece of pool noodle the same size go? I know it does't have the same wow factor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes%27_principle

From what i've read 30cm of pool noodle supports about 2kg, but you won't need that much. Each combo would need the amount worked out separately as cork grips etc will float, rod material/displacement blah blah blah (someone smarter than me can help you there).
    You can buy them already but not as cheap as a bit of pool noodle and some zip ties..

17757-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.