Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gliss fishing line set to replace braid?

Re: Gliss fishing line set to replace braid?

So anyone using Gliss yet?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Missed this thread first time around. I haven't seen it in any shops yet - but then I haven't been actively looking. Does one need to learn new knots for Gliss - or do all the 'standard' knots work?

Ive been giving the gliss a run for three months now.

Gliss is fine yes and knots very well.
    Gliss does not handle abrasion well......being so thin that is expected.
    Gliss is not truly round, when twist develops it is evident.
    Gliss does suffer from twist much more than braid.
    Gliss casts better than average, is about equivalent to nanofil.
    Gliss is not expensive, $47.00 AU for 300m of 4kg. I pay $80.00 for 300m of decent true braid.
    Gliss reminds me of nanofil and fireline because it has slight coils when cast but it is not a problem to fish with.

I still prefer to use my Tasline / SAS braid over the gliss......

Gliss is still loaded onto a favorite rod so it gets a fair bit of attention.

Knots used are FG and uniknots.
    Jack.

Thanks for that Jack. Will stick with the tasline for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl n Wolf View Post
    Thanks for that Jack. Will stick with the tasline for now.
    went to the Tasline online store for a look and saying everything in the All White Series is out of stock

cheers Rob

Hey Rob,
    check on flea bay as there are a couple of sellers that have some (not all) available. Search sas braid.

Looks as though SAS braid have ceased their relationship with Tasline NZ , who used to weave their braids. This is stated on their Facebook page, and has led to shortages. A pity, as the All White series is good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From SAS Braid Facebook page:
    S.A.S BRAID would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all our followers for the lack of product available for the past few months.
    Numerous circumstances have led us to cease our relationship with TASLINE NZ who were producing our braids.
    With the rate of products being returned to us increasing and our testing facilities able to test the first and last meter of line on each spool we thought we had a consistent product.

The past 3 months have seen us in negotiation with an extremely large braid manufacturer in Europe who have agreed to take our design and manufacture our fantastic product for us from here on.
    This company makes some of the leading brands of braid in the world and now they are making S.A.S BRAID. Testing has shown an even stronger more consistent braid for the same diameters.
    So please bare with us while we rebuild our stock levels and we look forward to bringing you an even better product than before.
    Cheers
    Sas braid team
    Jack.

There is a lot more happened with SAS than they have let on publically.
    You can buy the Tasline from Frank who is the new distrubuter at busted fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    There is a lot more happened with SAS than they have let on publically.
    You can buy the Tasline from Frank who is the new distrubuter at busted fishing.
    Just did a price check on a spool i bought two weeks ago from SAS........Busted Fishing has a substantial markup with postage on top. Check your prices.
    Jack.

Well i just bought a gliss green 11kg 300m roll from dinga for $35 to try out.. (wanted translucent but can't find it anywhere). I will update after a bit of use.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.