Thread: Basstard boat busstard

Blog Entries

Basstard boat busstard

Spent a couple of hours yesterday arvo getting my tinny ready to chase a jacks up the creek with the GF but seems the boat gods conspired against us. We launched at 5am but the steering was seized and wouldnt budge. We motored around on the leccy while I messed around trying to free it up but it just wouldn't loosen up (I did snag a flatty while I tried to calm my self down).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	141019FH.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	105883

Anyway, I cracked it and said bugger this lets get out of here. We washed the boat down, put it away and threw the yaks on the ute and headed for a spot my mate had kindly had given me to chase our first bass. We grabbed a couple of curry pies, an iced coffee and munched them down on the way. Arrived, unloaded and made our way down to the launch spot after a bit of a hike/portage. We pushed out into a beautiful calm pool and just absorbed the beauty of the place. There was a lot of wildlife about.We lost count of the lizards sunning themselves on logs, whip birds singing, scrub turkeys, dragonflies and even a little turtle. It was just what I needed to chill after the frustration of the boat issue.

Name:	141019GIAK.jpg 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	105886

Name:	141019lizzy2.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	105885

Name:	141019lizzy1.jpg 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	105884

Name:	141019turtle.jpg 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	105887

I had caught plenty of bass in USA but this was the first time I had targeted bass home here in Australia. I have seen a lot of youtube vids and read plenty of reports and I knew i would enjoy it. I was using 8lb braid and flouro leader. A very light weight weedless belly weighted hook and a green Zman 4inch curl tail SP (Not sure of the name). It sure was a beautiful way to spend the morning and I managed 2 bass to boot so very chuffed. I will definitely be trying it again.

Name:	141019bass1.jpg 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	105879

Name:	141019bass2.jpg 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	105880

Name:	141019snaggy.jpg 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	105889

Name:	141019rocky.jpg 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	105888

Name:	141019BGA.jpg 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	105882

Name:	141019bass3.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	105881

Re: Basstard boat busstard

Nice one Funchy. Fantastic way to spend a few hours. nothing like a yak on a cool spring morning.

Ahh the joys of cable steering. If you can see your way clear finance wise - p*ss it off and fit hydraulic. I know it seems like overkill initially but I for one will never go back on any boat I own. Good to see you salvaged something from the day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Ahh the joys of cable steering. If you can see your way clear finance wise - p*ss it off and fit hydraulic. I know it seems like overkill initially but I for one will never go back on any boat I own. Good to see you salvaged something from the day.
    Cheers mate, seriously considering the hydraulic option.

Good on ya Luke, well done mate
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

nice bass, well done
    looks like a very secluded area there you have found

dan

beautiful looking spot.

Looks like a top spot to get the sh!t out of your system after your boat drama.
    Shawn