Thread: Furuno Sounder with TM260 - Where to Buy In Australia

Furuno Sounder with TM260 - Where to Buy In Australia

Look for some advice of where to buy a Furuno FLC587 Sounder and likely the TM260 from an Australian Reseller. Look for most competitive prices as these are over $3k generally.

Also interested in any actual experiences with the P66 transducer off this sounder and use in 100 to 150 metres of water. Is the P66 still effective at picking up fish at these depths or do recommend the TM260?

Likewise whats the TM260 like in shallower water 10 to 50metres does it lose (or gain) much over the P66 transducer

Sorry about the multi question still deciding if I should go the TM260??

Regards to all

Re: Furuno Sounder with TM260 - Where to Buy In Australia

I have used the Furuno 620 down to 160 metres with a P66. It would see schooled fish no worries at all so the 587 should have no dramas. The TM260 will be better but given that you are transom mounting onto a tinnie and the minimal cost for a p66, I would be inclined to try one before you jump into the TM260.

Trueblue, give Steve a call at Linemaster Marine Electronics on the Sunshine coast he will look after you when it comes to Furuno electronics.

I have a 585 with a tm258. I get good good reading out to 200m. Mainly bought it to fish 100-140m. Im happy with the setup for deep water but not so in shallow. I feel cause of the narrower beam i dont pick up as much show.
    if i was to get it again get the 587 with p66 and wait for the 1kw chirp tranducer furuno bringing out. Should be good.
    if you want something for bay and shallow reefs offshore i would go simrad. I bought one today lol. I want side scan to be able to fish bay and shallow reefs as well as trolling.
    i have few mates with simrad and pretty impressive.

Should have gone goldcoast boat show today. They were doing awesome deals on them. Try boating rv they might still do good deal.

Trymax are usually very well priced. not normally much more than importing. $1790 with P66.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue10 View Post
    Look for some advice of where to buy a Furuno FLC587 Sounder and likely the TM260 from an Australian Reseller. Look for most competitive prices as these are over $3k generally.

Also interested in any actual experiences with the P66 transducer off this sounder and use in 100 to 150 metres of water. Is the P66 still effective at picking up fish at these depths or do recommend the TM260?

Likewise whats the TM260 like in shallower water 10 to 50metres does it lose (or gain) much over the P66 transducer

Sorry about the multi question still deciding if I should go the TM260??

Regards to all

I have a 587 and a p66 trany, and 10-80m it works great with good detail any thing past 120m the tm260 would takes the reigns. The tm260 beam width on the bottom in 60m at 200khz is only about 6m wide a little to narrow for me the p66 beam is about 12-15m wide good for finding reds on the bottom on manual mode. Save your money the Tm260 is for deep water that's why it is 1kw for the extra power to go deep. Have a look at the airmar website.

Comparison of the transducers.

http://www.airmartechnology.com/uplo..._products1.pdf

As you can see the TM260 has roughly half the beam diameter of the P66.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...6-tm260.html#b

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...s-tm260.html#b

Thanks all for your recommendations I have emailed the places for the prices.

Boy this transducer thing has got me really thinking- Did not know that the TM260 is not that great in shallower water. I though is was still pretty good but had to accept the narrower beam. I would say 90% of my fishing will be in 50 to 100 metre range. The rest I plan outside the 100 to 150m -Just want to see the fish before I drop that sort of depth.

Any other who read this input appreciated