Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric motor

Electric motor

Hi Guys
    i want to put an electric on my 420 renegade. I got 50 hp 4st yammy.

I have decided to sell my jet ski.

I want the best, remote control, size.

what are ur suggestions and where is best place to get one from.

cheers
    Greg

Re: Electric motor

Minn Kota i pilot riptide 55lb

Shaft length depends on whether you head offshore - longest shaft length for off shore work

I got mine from Whitworths they had the cheapest price at the time but that was 12mths ago

Only going to use around inside reefs, woody point , redcliffe, rivers. No offshore, only got 4.2m.

Are there more than 1 model in the i piot range. I believe one can attach a separate sounder?

cheers
    greg

Stones Corner Marine will give you all the info. A 55lb iPilot will be enough. Don't forget you'll need at least a 120AH battery and a good charger too.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

If you can find one cheaper (I Pilot) than K e o GH s at the Gold Coast, I will take my hat off to you

http://www.############.com.au/ELECT...rolling-Motors
    Cheers

Steven

I'll pm you seahorse
    Cheers

Steven

or just to stir things up.....if you have a lowrance touch hds sounder....motorguide have pinpoint gps that can be controlled by the sounder.....my pick if i wanted to go all out would be....hds9 touch mounted at the motor...spotlight scan on the motor...motorguide with pinpoint gps ....win

Hey Astro
    ur talking to old school here who can just read his sounder.lol

That sounds way over top.

Steve, i had a look at Keogh. I think i need 55 lb 48 inch, with i pilot. Do these normally have footcontrol as well?

Is the realease bracket standard?

cheers
    greg

Greg

dont come with a foot control as standard but you can add one.

You get used to the hand held real quick and I would not go back to a foot conmtrol.

Quick release bracket is extra. Unless your lucky like I was they go for around the 165 mark. Got mine at 29.95 cause some goose put the wrong sticker on one at Whitworths
    Cheers

Steven

From reading articles, i thought the foot pedal would be easier. I just could see fishing with plastics and trying to hold a remote.

With a foot pedal on an I pilot it is much easier to vary your speed it is a pain in the but using the i pilot remote having to click up and down . That is my only critism of the i pilot. I would love to be able to afford the new model with the power lift and tilt.
    Cheers
    Ray

Go the longer shaft length - you'd be suprised even in small boat inshore /bay or a dam how a bit of swell, chop, boat waves will have even a long one out of the water-especially if on your own & nose up a bit.