Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moejoes, the weather man!!

Re: Moejoes, the weather man!!

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    After raising the broaching issue with Robs (poor rob he is always picking on you)i must admit i started to get a bit worried how my big rig would perform.
    So first it was a call to the builder (who must dread each time i call and doubt him) and then on the blower to 2 commercial skippers who own them and another owner that has had 3 of Sams boats.
    Much to my relief not one of them could speak a word of disappointment in regards to how a Performance plate boat rode.
    Wether it be in a head sea or following.
    One of the commercial skippers came from all ways owning glass boats and the other is onto his second boat built by Sam.
    One of the first boats i ever owned was an old Yalta Craft and that boat was scary,scary enough that my wife reused to comeback in it and it took me a long time after that to get her into the cruise craft.lol
    Any way im felling confident again in regards to investing hundreds of thousands in my tin can.
    Mick.
    Like I said Mick, anything over 5 degrees is a problem for poor old Keithstar.
    He just ain't a mono man.
    Haha now he's got you worried.
    I've done 11000kms in Moejoes -100 plus kms offshore each trip & look I'm still alive LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Tony, I need to clarify something here.
    Keith seems to think that any rock n rolling of a boat in excess of 5 degrees is broaching & dangerous.
    Hence the reason for him sh@# ing himself literally. What else would you expect from a cat owner?
    Not once was he ever in a life threatening situation.
    Now stop dribbling sh@# from both ends & let's get back to the topic.
    Rob, there is a bullet proof cure for those amongst us who choose to vomit & dump simultaneously.

On a rising moon, suck on a HUSSAR & you will be cured for life!!

Harden up Nancy!! LOL

Righto you two poofs,

Broacher I have one word for you...BROACH!...Dont suggest you do 100k's offshore every trip. I wouldn't class inside the reef as offshore its like a bay. And most importantly you do very little to no bar work or drive at night. What I'm suggesting is if you had to come through the bar at Rainbow after dark with 1.5mtr E swell you would be upside down with Jason and myself jumping out of the boat before you even tried to cross. We would figure we are going to end up in the water anyway so we may as well get out early and limit the risk of injury when rolling.

Beaker, get your balls back from Juna (even if you get a loan of them for a weekend) and go for a run out of DI with Rob and experience the best of both worlds. A great run out and if theres a little steep swell running you can bet you will experience a boat that doesn't know where its going and a skipper who frightens you to death. you two could hold each others hands or cover your eyes because with or without autopilot that boat goes where it wants in a following sea.......................

Mick,

Be confident in your boat mate. Every boat is different and each set up changing the performance and ride. Rob has everything in his boat including but not limited too EVERYTHING!. Im going to keep on the big fella until he gets it sorted because i fear if he was coming around the cape one evening with big swell rolling through he could get himself in some strife (he wouldn't be the first). Rob told me him and lance almost rolled his boat once at the entry to Round Hill creek so he does know there is an issue but as i said earlier I don't think its a biggy to fix. I suggested to him trim tabs a couple of years ago because his boat dragged its arse and the bow pointed to the sky while driving (and still does) and I thought he could use them to lift his arse up. But one of the guys on here suggested that strakes on the bottom will give the boat lift and that makes sense and will also make an improvement on ride.

Mick id personally have faith in your build and as alway tweak to get it right if needed. Robs boat was so impressive coming through the bay at 1770 into absolute slop the other day. it was sensational. However a couple of hrs earlier in a rear quarter following sea of about 1.5-2mtrs it put the fear of god into me and rob himself was very uncomfortable which isn't a good thing. Robs a good mate and a talented guy who will fix this once he knows how and what to do so thats why I put it here. Plus of course i love stirring the big fella up with a bit of GST added for good value.

Beaker....Dont forget while Junas sleeping tonight get up and find your nuts!

Dear Bannana,
    I'd like to thank you for your ongoing concern about my health, particularly my testicular health, but I can assure all is well on that front.

But you on the other hand, well, there could be an issue there. From what I have read, it does seem that your balls have gone AWOL, at least for a little while.

It seems that they relocated themselves, up into your throat area, whilst on Moejoes, so I am not sure if you are the most qualified person to comment on such health issues, but again, thank you for your concern.

Your friend,

Beaker

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Dear Bannana,
    I'd like to thank you for your ongoing concern about my health, particularly my testicular health, but I can assure all is well on that front.

But you on the other hand, well, there could be an issue there. From what I have read, it does seem that your balls have gone AWOL, at least for a little while.

It seems that they relocated themselves, up into your throat area, whilst on Moejoes, so I am not sure if you are the most qualified person to comment on such health issues, but again, thank you for your concern.

Your friend,

Beaker
    Sorry Tony, I think your wrong.
    It appears to me a massive turd is still logded in his throat going by the amount of sh#$ he is dribbling.
    Poor Moejoes!!!!!!!

Ok, looking for opinions on what size, type strakes / chimes would work best to solve this over exaggerated broaching concern on this post.
    1/. Am I better running the chimes as per the 1st pic to meet up at the keel?
    2/. Run them straight through as per the 2nd pic?
    3/. Or a mixture as the 3rd pic?
    What size angle should I use? 20x20, 25x25, 20x32, 20x40, 25x50?
    I'm thinking 25x25 or maybe 25x32 & set up as per the 1st pic.
    All opinions welcome.
    Thanks in advance - Rob.
    Name:  imagesT8DC1OY5.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  6.5 KBName:  00.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  8.0 KBName:  imagesT7JCRWR2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  10.2 KB

Hi Rob
    I don't know what everyone is winging about, every time I've been on your boat it has road so well. In saying that I think every time I've been on your boat I've been asleep.
    Don't be shy Ivanna wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Moejoes,
    How would you say your weight distribution is? Any chance of sending more weight down the back - it rectified a platey I used to know.
    Brett
    Would that be Bogey mate?. Only thing fixed that was selling it Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Sorry Tony, I think your wrong.
    It appears to me a massive turd is still logded in his throat going by the amount of sh#$ he is dribbling.
    Poor Moejoes!!!!!!!
    I must admit Rob, there does seem to be a certain amount of dribble still falling from bannanas mouth.

I don't know why he persists coming onto public forums criticising those of us who are trying to offer him some friendly advice?? He is obviously missing the sincerity of our deep felt concern for him.

He must have a weak stomach, hence all the barfing over your boat. Intestinal issues are also running rampant, with the fact he tried dumping on a regular basis on Moejoes.

The thing that disappoints me most is he tries blaming his inherent lack of intestinal fortitude on your boat?? How can he justify that??

Man up bananna, stop blaming others for your own inadequacies, & leave Moejoes alone

Perhaps a transgender operation is what you need Beaker. That way you won't ever need your balls again and Rob can have some where to park his.

Stop deflecting the true issues being discussed here, your lack of sea legs, a timid tummy & muddy undies!! LOL

Bobby you should be very proud of MOJOES ...a major effort to build a boat like that on weekends over 3yrs ,ive never been for a run in it but when driving beside you it looks good underway,...You know Bannana is the king of shit stirers(or maybe the prince).I think the fact that keith has owned a couple of very good cats & spent hundreds of hours in them,when you get back in a mono its very different feeling compared to a well mannered cat.My last mono ride was very nerve wrecking as well & the boat went well in all honesty...it started from the moment I stepped into it off the jetty & it listed badly(brent & I were on the same side..270kg).There is no perfect boat every thing is a compromise.
    But if it's not a cat it's a dog!...lol

Jason/Soulfish or who ever the imposter is that wrote the BS above.

Dont get on here and suck up Bobbys arse. I just about spewed up my lunch.

I think you, Moejoes, Beaker should go for a play in the SPB next weekend and run down a few waves while on a rear quarter following sea. That will put this to bed quickly. I'll be standing by on my jetskis with Tom and we can take some pics......of your faces!!! and I will take a recorder to record Beakers high pitched squealing that will easily be detected over the roaring bar.

Whats the go with you three...maybe Soulfish wants in on Beakers & Broachers weird relationship and make it a threesome.....Interesting.

I was just trying to be nice(felt weird)....He's obviously doing a lot of research on planning strakes due to your comments.
    I don't want any part of that boat test.!!!
    couldn't be worse than a platey you used to own.....surely

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Jason/Soulfish or who ever the imposter is that wrote the BS above.

Dont get on here and suck up Bobbys arse. I just about spewed up my lunch.

I think you, Moejoes, Beaker should go for a play in the SPB next weekend and run down a few waves while on a rear quarter following sea. That will put this to bed quickly. I'll be standing by on my jetskis with Tom and we can take some pics......of your faces!!! and I will take a recorder to record Beakers high pitched squealing that will easily be detected over the roaring bar.

Whats the go with you three...maybe Soulfish wants in on Beakers & Broachers weird relationship and make it a threesome.....Interesting.
    Mate, if you are going to be on your jet ski, make sure you take something to calm your delicate tummy & wear water proof diapers, or the SPB will look like its covered in coral spawn!! LOL