Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moejoes, the weather man!!

Re: Moejoes, the weather man!!

It looks like its missing a Hull (sponson)....

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Tony, I think Keith's trying to be nice to you & give you some direction LOL!!!!!!!!
    Robbie,
    If thats bannanas version of nice, he seriously needs to try harder!! LOL

Beaker

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Mate Rob caught the spanish just drifting over the main reef at Lamont. Usually if we fish there long enough we get one or two. They're usually caught when we are fishing light with 4 or 5 ball sinkers using pillies chasing trout. This is the main way we fish and thats probably why we seem to get a few. 23 36 434 - 152 00 637 15-30mtrs

The GT was on the way back in on Monday. The current was pushing up against the Fitzroy reef edge with the run out tide and there seemed to be a few on the sounder. We didn't fish long because we ran out of pillies and just headed back in. The worst part of fishing here is there always seems to be heaps of spangled emperor (we caught a few before pulling the pin) and they're too much effort for us fat boys. 23 38 632 - 152 07 372 drifting 20-30mtrs

The reds and most of the chinamen and a couple of the bigger trout were in about 25mts. You could basically sit here all day if you wanted and catch a good feed if you have the energy to get past the chinamen. Its a good place to fish to get a few chinamen for bait before heading up north chasing reds 23 36 130 - 152 01 445 20-25mtrs drifting in-between the bommies.
    Thanks Keith! that's far more information than expected, just the depth would have been great but mark as well. Cheers Mate
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    It looks like its missing a Hull (sponson)....
    Hey Jason, I have a spare in the shed

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Robbie,
    If thats bannanas version of nice, he seriously needs to try harder!! LOL

Beaker
    Hi Tony, shame you couldn't make it.
    Would've been like old times LOL.
    Bananas lost his sea legs, he spent all Sunday vomiting over the side
    Must have something to do with the lack of fishing this year........

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    Thanks Keith! that's far more information than expected, just the depth would have been great but mark as well. Cheers Mate
    Don't thank him.... Dud marks Mega-a-bite

Good effort there lads. Just my two bob on the broaching here. My Riptide is amazing in a following sea. When you come off the steep waves the strakes dig in and make a distinct squeal as they right the hull. I have never felt unsafe in 20-25 knots conditions with decent swell. Guys who have been on board will vouch for it. Moejoes it's definitely an easy fix and I believe it will complete your ride. Good luck with it mate.

Cheers Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Carry View Post
    Good effort there lads. Just my two bob on the broaching here. My Riptide is amazing in a following sea. When you come off the steep waves the strakes dig in and make a distinct squeal as they right the hull. I have never felt unsafe in 20-25 knots conditions with decent swell. Guys who have been on board will vouch for it. Moejoes it's definitely an easy fix and I believe it will complete your ride. Good luck with it mate.

Cheers Carry

carry,

mate Rob today thought that he only had to put the strakes up the front of his boat. From what i gather they must be the full length of the hull. Is this the case on the RipTide?

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Hi Tony, shame you couldn't make it.
    Would've been like old times LOL.
    Bananas lost his sea legs, he spent all Sunday vomiting over the side
    Must have something to do with the lack of fishing this year........

Tony it was just like old times alright

Rob caught nearly no keepers the whole trip (4 trout 2 small pearlies........thats it) and the only dud mark we fished was Robs only mark that someone gave him. I actually said F that your not serious head 6 k's down there and then have to broach an extra 6 k's back.... we didn't even see a fish. If your going to risk your life you'd expect it to be a great mark not the only sand bank on the GBR.lol

i was only sick on the Sunday because I was shitting myself in his boat...literally. i had undi mud while vomiting. the other reason was Im trying to loose weight so a good spu would do me good.

Rob,

Get back to the real topic!!!!! The broach. today you said only short strake up the front of your boat is needed....You need to PM some of these guys and talk to some of there boat builders. Dave from Rip tide is a great bloke so maybe go see him and a couple of others and get it done. Stop F%$^&*g scaring me. My hearts getting old and can't take it.

Hey keith maybe its got something too do with the lack of fibreglass in it ....... just a thought .....
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Hey keith maybe its got something too do with the lack of fibreglass in it ....... just a thought .....

No fibreglass or lack of additional hull can make Moejoes feel like the Gravatron at the Ekka in a following sea.lol

He's a stubborn old mule Bobby boy but i hope he's taking on board the advice from a few of the guys. i know he wants to get it sorted and I love stirring him but it would be an awesome rig once rectified and i'm sure its a simple fix.

if you want to see what I mean you should go for a run with him on the SPB on the run out tide and play around this weekend. The first wave up your arse on the rear quarter would have your butt cheeks clinched, white knuckles and straight out refusal to return for another run...lol

After raising the broaching issue with Robs (poor rob he is always picking on you)i must admit i started to get a bit worried how my big rig would perform.
    So first it was a call to the builder (who must dread each time i call and doubt him) and then on the blower to 2 commercial skippers who own them and another owner that has had 3 of Sams boats.
    Much to my relief not one of them could speak a word of disappointment in regards to how a Performance plate boat rode.
    Wether it be in a head sea or following.
    One of the commercial skippers came from all ways owning glass boats and the other is onto his second boat built by Sam.
    One of the first boats i ever owned was an old Yalta Craft and that boat was scary,scary enough that my wife reused to comeback in it and it took me a long time after that to get her into the cruise craft.lol
    Any way im felling confident again in regards to investing hundreds of thousands in my tin can.
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry View Post

Cheers Carry
    Thanks Carry,
    What size are they?
    Any chance of a pic?
    Thanks - Rob

Tony it was just like old times alright

Rob caught nearly no keepers the whole trip (4 trout 2 small pearlies........thats it) and the only dud mark we fished was Robs only mark that someone gave him. I actually said F that your not serious head 6 k's down there and then have to broach an extra 6 k's back.... we didn't even see a fish. If your going to risk your life you'd expect it to be a great mark not the only sand bank on the GBR.lol

i was only sick on the Sunday because I was shitting myself in his boat...literally. i had undi mud while vomiting. the other reason was Im trying to loose weight so a good spu would do me good.

Rob,

Get back to the real topic!!!!! The broach. today you said only short strake up the front of your boat is needed....You need to PM some of these guys and talk to some of there boat builders. Dave from Rip tide is a great bloke so maybe go see him and a couple of others and get it done. Stop F%$^&*g scaring me. My hearts getting old and can't take it.
    Tony, I need to clarify something here.
    Keith seems to think that any rock n rolling of a boat in excess of 5 degrees is broaching & dangerous.
    Hence the reason for him sh@# ing himself literally. What else would you expect from a cat owner?
    Not once was he ever in a life threatening situation.
    Now stop dribbling sh@# from both ends & let's get back to the topic.

No fibreglass or lack of additional hull can make Moejoes feel like the Gravatron at the Ekka in a following sea.lol

He's a stubborn old mule Bobby boy but i hope he's taking on board the advice from a few of the guys. i know he wants to get it sorted and I love stirring him but it would be an awesome rig once rectified and i'm sure its a simple fix.

if you want to see what I mean you should go for a run with him on the SPB on the run out tide and play around this weekend. The first wave up your arse on the rear quarter would have your butt cheeks clinched, white knuckles and straight out refusal to return for another run...lol
    Stop being a drama queen!!!!!!!
    I'll get a great big dummy for you next time